PDA

View Full Version : Yep, it's obvious ....

Thumper
11-05-2015, 03:20 PM
... we're headed for California! There is a chicken joint close to Lynn's mom's house and the last time there, I mentioned to Lynn that maybe we should try their fried chicken sometime. I guess she remembered that and just sent me a link to their website. (We'll be leaving here Friday evening, spending the night in Orlando, then flying to L.A. early Sat. morning.)

Here's what is printed across the top of their menu page:

All natural, farm fresh, humanely raised, humanely fed chicken, with no hormones or antibiotics, cooked in 100% peanut oil. (Dang Toto, I don't think we're in Dixie any more!)

Sheeesh! What's worse is, after looking at the menu, it appears if the three of us order two pieces of chicken only, with no extras ... and we drink tap water (doubt I can afford bottled water) ... we'll get by for only $30 ... with tax/tip, we should get out the door for just shy of $40.00! I sure hope nobody wants a Coke! ;)

We're taking mom to dinner for her 80th birthday ... I don't even want to think about THAT tab!

Of course gas is waaaaay down to $3.00/gal. ... so what we save on gas will make the meals less painful. :D

Big Muddy
11-05-2015, 03:31 PM
Just strap some baloney and cheese to your back, under some of those big gauze bandages. ;););)

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Filled up for $2.01 here yesterday.

Stop through if you guys need a halfway point to crash.

BKB

on edit....wait what? You're flying. What does the price of gas have to do with. anything?

Pumphead.

Chicken Dinner
11-05-2015, 04:15 PM
I just paid $1.99 yesterday here in town. I just about did a happy dance to fill my truck up for under $45.

quercus alba
11-05-2015, 04:47 PM
$1.95 here. First time we've ever been cheaper than other places

Captain
11-05-2015, 05:28 PM
$1.74 in Chesterfield SC.

Thumper
11-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Filled up for $2.01 here yesterday.

Stop through if you guys need a halfway point to crash.

BKB

on edit....wait what? You're flying. What does the price of gas have to do with. anything?

Pumphead.

Well, once we get to the Land of Fruits & Nuts, ya' think we'll be walking? Hitchhiking? Taking cabs? ;)

Thumper
11-05-2015, 05:32 PM
I just filled up on Tuesday @ $1.84/gal.