PDA

View Full Version : I gotta find a job, this fishing is WORK....

Big Muddy
11-05-2015, 07:32 PM
80 degree weather is just too warm for hunting, so I'm having to chase fish....sorry, but the fishing forum looks booked up. ;)

Thumper
11-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Did Bwana post those for you? ;)

Big Muddy
11-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Nah, this new phone does some strange sheeit with pics....trying to rotate them, now.

airbud7
11-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Hijack:blob10

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2015, 07:55 PM
That's an odd looking spinner bait.

BKB

Thumper
11-05-2015, 08:00 PM
That's an odd looking spinner bait. BKB

Not NEAR as odd lookin' as the dufe long-armin' that hog! ;)

Captain
11-05-2015, 08:30 PM
That's an odd looking spinner bait. BKB
That's a Whooper Plopper or a Monkey Butt.
We sell out of both within 20 minutes of putting them out.

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2015, 08:37 PM
I've been waiting on those whopper plopper 90's to come down a bit in price. I'm a big Larry Dahlberg fan and watched him catch some big wolf fish in South America on those things. He made the first big ones for muskie and just killed them with it.
BKB

Captain
11-05-2015, 08:50 PM
I've been waiting on those whopper plopper 90's to come down a bit in price. I'm a big Larry Dahlberg fan and watched him catch some big wolf fish in South America on those things. He made the first big ones for muskie and just killed them with it. BKB

If you can get them at any price buy them ship them to me and we will make a killing.
Check their prices on eBay. We know a pUMpHEAD with an account. :-)

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2015, 09:04 PM
They catching bass on them out your way? Man I can just picture working one slow on an overcast autumn day.

....and maybe a little gentle rain sparkling like champagne on the surface......

BKb

Captain
11-05-2015, 09:18 PM
They are KILLING top water bass out here with them. There are not to be found anywhere. Kinda like the "shad raps" of the 80's. Remember them?

BarryBobPosthole
11-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Oh yeah. And the brief few years that Rattlin' Raps were shining out here. Blue and chrome. Bassdog schooled me many time on those. I had silver and black and he had blue and chrome and he was catching them hand over fist.

BKB

HideHunter
11-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Not NEAR as odd lookin' as the dufe long-armin' that hog! ;)

He may be long-arming it a bit - but - that is still a *big* bass... and some nice specks Eddie!

Thumper
11-05-2015, 10:10 PM
He may be long-arming it a bit - but - that is still a *big* bass...

Oh, for sure. But I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't respond with a smart-assed comment. ;)

Captain
11-06-2015, 05:31 AM
What is that in the background Muddy? A solar powered crappie feeder?

Big Muddy
11-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Cap, that's a waterfowl nesting box....years ago, my Dad and I became charter members of a waterfowl induction program....at that time, there were very few Canada geese here in MS....we, and 12 other landowners in the area purchased about 50 breeding pairs of Canada geese from the Minnesota DOW, in an effort to introduce them here, and hopefully, get a population of them started....as you know, geese mate for life, so we had to purchase breeding pairs.

Actually, I came up with that nesting box idea, and it proved quite successful....rather than just releasing the geese out into the wild, these boxes, mounted over the water, provided the geese a safe haven from predators on the land....they are constructed of commercial-grade 30 gal. plastic pickle barrels, cut in half, which even snakes can't slither up because of the slick plastic coating....also, each one has a small cypress sun deck(for lack of a better word) for the adults to sit and keep an eye on their goslings.

Actually, the program was TOO successful....there are so many geese here, now, that they are nearly classified as pests, especially for the catfish farmers....the geese swim behind the feed trucks, which dispense and blow out the catfish feed into the ponds to feed the catfish....the feed floats on the surface, and even a small group of the geese can eat up the feed faster than the catfish....they have gotten so aggressive that they will actually run off the catfish from the feed.

Now, most catfish farmers have depredation permits, and it didn't take long for the geese to learn the hard way, not to follow the feed trucks.

Other than being one of God's beautiful creations to watch and study, they aren't worth a dau'um for much else....they sheeit everywhere, and aren't worth a day'um for eating....I tried cooking one a few years ago, and boiled that day'um thing for about 24 hours....stunk up the house, and the meat came out, looking like a big ball of rubber liver....I threw it out across the back yard, and it rolled all the way to the fence, and never fell apart....the dogs played with for a while, but never ate it. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2015, 10:18 AM
We have about a thousand resident canadian geese here in my town we'll let you have!

Here's a Thump story for ya. There used to be a farmer here who had a couple of really big ponds just up the road from my house. and Oklahoma Natural Gas had built a big building on land they'd bought from the same family. There were a LOT of geese that nested on that property. Well, fast forward about a dozen years and that land has since been developed into a shopping center. (they call it progress, I call it a bunch of frigging concrete we don't need) Nobody told the geese they couldn't nest there. There must be some really strong instincts in geese to return to the place they were born because every spring now there's a buttload of geese nesting in the parking lots and storefronts in that shopping center. There's some volunteer groups that relocate the ones they can every year.
All of the open pasture and water has been developed where they used to nest. But they seem to not be bothered by it. There's still thousands around that stay all year.

BKB