PDA

View Full Version : Hey Barry, y'all got Diamondbacks this Big?

airbud7
11-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Massive Killer Diamondback Rattlesnake Caught in Arkansas...

"A man in southern Sebastian County, Arkansas may have killed one of the largest western diamondback rattlesnakes ever seen after it allegedly attacked several of his dogs."

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/10/28/massive-killer-diamondback-rattlesnake-caught-in-arkansas/

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2015, 09:13 AM
Hahaha! I grew up right across the Oklahoma border, not five miles from Hartford. There's about 600-700 people (if that) in the whole shebang and only a local would know 'West Hartford' from Hartford. Its 'Hartford across the creek'. I used to date an italian girl from there whose brothers threatened to beat the shit out of me every time I picked her up. Oh what we'll do for.....

As for the snake, I wouldn't doubt it for a minute, but that'd be a rare one. Mallard Fillmore grew up about a mile from there and has a skin stretched on a board that is about 3/4 that size that they killed on their farm. Sugarloaf Mountain and Poteau Mountain backs up to Hartford it and both are mountains that smart people don't go up on too much outside of winter. Up past the 'first bench' is where the the rattlers live. I've hiked to the top of both mountains in summer when I was thirteen or so, but you wouldn't catch me up there today.

That guy in the pic is longarming that snake, but its a biggun. Not common, but we got 'em here and there.

BKB

Buckrub
11-06-2015, 11:55 AM
I've seen that picture in about 25 different publications, usually this time of year, for about the last 10 years.

Totally fake.

BarryBobPosthole
11-06-2015, 12:47 PM
No doubt.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-06-2015, 02:08 PM
I've seen a ton of snake pics thru the years, but in all honesty, I can say I have not seen this one.