PDA

View Full Version : A total washout.

Captain
11-09-2015, 08:42 PM
It's has rained all day like something you read about in the bible... In fact we came close to not getting out of the area we were hunting this afternoon because of flooding. One of our hunters got stuck in water about 4 feet deep to the point we thought the truck would wash down the creek. With the help of a backhoe we were able to hold the truck in place until we could get a strap on it and pull it clear. They are not calling for it to let up all night and tomorrow. We have closed the hunting area mainly because we are tearing the roads all the pieces and we certainly will not be able to get back in there for several days.
Already got the motel paid up for the night and I SURE don't want to try to drive out of here with the roads covered and its 6 hours home. So I'll attempt to head home in the morning.
Saw one bear this afternoon (small) and 9 does, and 3 bucks... The season is only a week so it's gonna be a wash for me because I'm headed out to duck hunt this weekend. Such is the luck of hunting on the coast.

Nandy
11-09-2015, 08:55 PM
yeah, rain is putting a damper in my hunting too...

LJ3
11-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Seems like you could find a decent bear if you sit on the high ground :)

Sucks you got rained out!

Chicken Dinner
11-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Keep your powder dry.

Buckrub
11-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Why you mad at yogi?

Be safe......