PDA

View Full Version : Little paper punching this AM

jb
11-11-2015, 10:03 AM
#3 and I are headed out to the range, need to see if we can still hit something at 100 yd's.
Our rifle deer season opens this Sunday (Always on Nov. 15),
Weather is not going to be perfect, just a little to comfortable.
Need snow, overcast and upper 20's to be perfect, we're forecast to have overcast and mid 50's.
Will be fighting the urge to take a nap with these balmy temp's.
Hope to have pic's and a trip report come Sunday evening.
To keep this post hunting related, I"m shooting a 308, #3 has his 7-08, both rifles are left handed.

Chicken Dinner
11-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Good day for it. I'm at my gun club snack bar for lunch after finishing up a morning with my #1 sin and one of his buddies. All told, we shot 9 different assorted center and rimfire rifles and pistols. The best part was introducing a new kid to the shooting sports.

Chicken Dinner
11-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Had to post this one pic from this morning. I handed my trusty Knight Wolverine down to my son and picked up an entry level Traditions Buckstalker. I really like the 209 shotgun primer and the closed action. This was the first three shots out of the box (factory bore sited 3x9 scope) with 250gr Traditions Smackdown bullets in front of 100gr of Triple 7 black powder substitute. I'm pretty impressed with this gun for the price.

LJ3
11-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Not bad for a 15 yard group.

Chicken Dinner
11-12-2015, 11:34 AM
That was at 50 meters smartass! I could tighten up the group if I went back to using 2f or loose pyrodex. I could shoot 1" groups with the Knight all day long a 50 yards using 85gr of 2f and a 250g lead knight bullet. I'm trying to keep make it easier on the boy by using the pellets and you lose some accuracy in exchange for the convenience. I really like black powder and will continue to use it in my TC sidelock. It sure was easier cleaning those rifles last night though.