PDA

View Full Version : Postie, have you ever been to Raja Ampat???...

Big Muddy
11-11-2015, 11:44 PM
I just finished watching a great episode of Earth's Natural Wonders on PBS about the Raja Ampat Archipeligo....wow, what a scuba divers paradise!!!....that would be an awesome experience.

Another segment of the show was about the Amazon, flooding out of it's banks, into the surrounding forests and timber, each year....the natives climb up and sit in the flooded trees for many days, and actually hunt for huge fish, swimming by on the flooded forest floor....their only weapon is a spear, but they finally speared a humongous fish that looked to be over 8 feet long!!!

The next epsisode is next Wed. night, and I've already got the DVR set to record it.

BarryBobPosthole
11-11-2015, 11:55 PM
Its the first time I've heard of it. Did a quick Google search and whew!

That part of the world has a lot of diving I'd love to see some day. Truk Lagoon would be a hoot. There's just too much of it to see. The closest I've been to it is French Polynesia. Bora Bora and Moorea. Spent two weeks there and dived damn near every day. I've never seen anything like it since. I don't think i can afford another trip out there. But the lottery is still a possiblity I guess!

I'll check out your show. PBS here had one on called "Making North America" that I've been following. Damn good show. check it out.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Will do, thanks.