PDA

View Full Version : I thought this needed passing on....

Big Muddy
11-14-2015, 12:59 AM
I saw this post on one of my Mississippi hunting sites, and thought I'd pass it on....I don't know the guy that made the post, but he sounds sincere:

"""Not sure if you guys know about it, but last weekend in Starkville there was an accident that killed a gentleman and hospitalized 2 of his 3 boys that he had with him in the truck. Earlier this week the oldest of the boys passed away from his injuries. I don't personally know this family but they go to school with my kids. The youngest is same age as my son and is still fighting for his life. The oldest was a grade above my oldest daughter.

Today at lunch they gathered the 4th, 5th & 6th grade classes and assembled them in the gym at Starkville Academy. Tim Tebow came to the school and talked to the children to lift their spirits and to pray with them. He also took some pictures with the 3rd child that wasn't injured in the wreck. The media can say or do what ever bad things they want to this guy, but to me this fella is about as stand up good as they come. Megan Mullen (Dan's wife) talked to him about the Gentry family and he came out of his own good will and heart to speak to these kids that don't yet have the understanding of how or why things like this happen. Great guy and the definition of Class Act.

Just thought I'd share. And pray for this family and the boy that is still battling."""

Fido
11-14-2015, 08:18 AM
This world could use a lot more Tim Tebow's!!!!!!

Big Muddy
11-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Agreed, Fido....and, I think that the Good Lord sent Tim there to Starkville, at this perfect time, to help comfort that family and those school kids.

The Starkville community was hit hard with tragic deaths, last week....both Keith Joseph Jr. and his dad, Keith Joseph, Sr., were killed in an auto accident, also....Sr. was a former star linebacker for MS State, and Jr. was currently, a very promising red-shirt freshman defensive back at MS State.

If any of you are watching today's MS State/Bama game, Jamal Peters, who was Keith Jr.'s roommate, will be wearing Keith's #99 jersey.