PDA

View Full Version : Good Friend/Good Surprise

Big Skyz
11-17-2015, 11:46 AM
If all one does is watch the news it's easy to get very discouraged with humanity in general. The truth of the matter is though, there are still a lot of really great people in this world. Last week I was texting back and fourth with a friend of mine from Washington state. We both share a passion for fishing and we were talking about what gear we use. I mentioned that I was using St. Croix rods for most of my fishing, but that sometime I'd like to try out GLoomis. I really like my St. Croix rods, but those GLoomis rods are pretty sweet albeit pretty darn expensive. (It's not like the St. Croix's are chump change.) I figured I'd likely buy a GLommis next spring. Anyway, there was a little pause in our text conversation and I didn't think anything about it. I figured he got busy with something. Anyway a little while later he texts me and says to keep an eye on my mail because there was two 8'6" fishing rods on there way to my house. One is a GLoomis and the other is a Lamiglas. I was blown away. I asked if they were on loan or to have, and if they were to have, "what did I owe him?" His reply: "You have given me plenty, I consider your friendship priceless." Of course that definitely goes both ways, as he is an excellent friend, and we have been friends for long time. I received the rods just a couple days ago and they were all I could ask for and more. I'm already putting a world class Montana fishing trip together for this friend. I figure it's the very least I could do. Bottom line, there are still people in this world that are good and can surprise you with their extreme generosity.

Captain
11-17-2015, 12:01 PM
Wow! That is sweet. Congrats. Those are real prizes.
I'm sure the fish are going to live hard around your place for the foreseeable future :D

Big Skyz
11-17-2015, 12:11 PM
I can't wait to give those rods a full work out this spring. I'm going to have to hunt coyotes a ton this winter just to keep my mind off fishing...or it's going to be a really long winter!

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Good story! I'm sure you'll give those rods a workout!

BKB

LJ3
11-17-2015, 01:20 PM
Nice! You'll love that loomis. It's a whole nutha lebbel!

Big Skyz
11-17-2015, 01:22 PM
Len, I'm hoping to match them up with a whole nutha lebbel of fish as well. ;)

Nandy
11-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Im an expert rod appraiser, send them to me and i will check them for you, tell you when they was made and their value. However this takes time, you will get back in a year... PM'img my address, i will pay shipping both way! lol!

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2015, 05:33 PM
Im an expert rod appraiser

Wait, what?

Nandy
11-17-2015, 05:46 PM
not that rod, get it out of the gutter, dont be a thumper!!!! lol!

airbud7
11-17-2015, 05:50 PM
Good friend you got there Skyz!... now put those rods to good use! :fishing

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Thumper has been busy visiting the Cat Emporium and such for lunch. Its always always lunch.

So I'm just taking up his lazy ass slack.

BKB

Thumper
11-17-2015, 09:15 PM
Just walked in the door and am back home now. Almost too pooped to unpack. Gots ta' go pick up my new truck tomorrow. 'Course, Wednesday is my salesman's day off, so I'm makin' him come in to work to finish up the deal and make delivery. Ha! Of course I'll have to rub it in a little and ask him why he's working on a Wednesday. :)

Nandy
11-17-2015, 09:37 PM
Make him earn his money!

Thumper
11-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Ha! Knowin' him, he'll follow me home and expect a beer .... or three. ;)