PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Sauce Day

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2015, 03:10 PM
I managed to get a decent haul of tabasco peppers and today about half of them have ripened to red, so I have a pot of green peppers and a pot of red peppers simmering. I can barely stand to go into the kitchen, the steam will make your lungs burn like its pepper spray. of course, I've never been pepper sprayed.

Eddie wll know. These peppers are potent little motor scooters.

I'll at least have another year or so's supply of pepper sauce!

BKB

Big Muddy
11-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT screw around with his peppers....especially, don't rub your eyes, or grab your pecker to take a leak....you'll be blind and dickless. ;)

No sheeit, just a few drops is all it takes for a whole pot of stew!!!

airbud7
11-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Barrys Pepper Sauce = :angryfire :pissed :blob8 :beerbust

Thumper
11-17-2015, 09:19 PM
And I thought BPS was Bass Pro Shops .... Or is that Browning Pump Shotgun? I'm confused.

Big Muddy
11-17-2015, 09:25 PM
Thump, for this pepper conversation, it's "Butthole Plenty Smokin'." ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2015, 09:25 PM
Bits Per Second

Nandy
11-17-2015, 09:36 PM
"Butthole Plenty Smokin'." ;)

:headbang

Thumper
11-17-2015, 10:02 PM
I've had the pleasure of blasting through a bottle of that stuff myownfineself. 'Course, I LOVE hot sauce and don't care how hot it is as long as it has some flavor to it. I never was a fan of proving I could eat the hottest shit on earth just for the competition factor (although I will admit I've won a few t-shirts and things from hot wing contests, etc). I liked P-holes sauce because it had heat AND flavor.

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2015, 10:30 PM
Why thank ya! I ended up with a quart each of green and red base and it's in the jars and fermenting as we speak. If I can resist it I plan to cut it with vinegar and bottle it some time late winter or next spring.

BKB

Thumper
11-17-2015, 10:59 PM
That's my favorite. A vinegar based sauce. The source varies per application. I like Tobasco on eggs and tacos for example. Louisiana Hot Sauce on beans, etc. Similar hot sauces for similar applications. That's just a rule of thumb for the basics.

BarryBobPosthole
11-17-2015, 11:41 PM
I've started to like the Caribbean sauces. Lately I've been plowing through a bottle of Susies called Burning Desire. Its a scotchbonnet sauce that has heat and a good pepper flavor. Is awesome on chicken.

BKB

Arty
11-18-2015, 06:45 AM
Why thank ya! I ended up with a quart each of green and red base and it's in the jars and fermenting as we speak. If I can resist it I plan to cut it with vinegar and bottle it some time late winter or next spring. BKB

Let me know when you need my mailing address!

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2015, 09:28 AM
I'll let you know, Artie. I think CD already had dibs on a bottle. I should have two or three bottles I can share.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Man, I would love to get a small taste some of your homemade. I'm not normally a big Tobasco fan, but I had some Tobasco Chipotle on some beans at deer camp last weekend and it was pretty good.

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2015, 10:04 AM
This doesn't taste much like Tobasco sauce. More like Louisianna. I'll cut this by almost half with vinegar when its ready to bottle.

Thumper
11-18-2015, 10:25 AM
As a side note ... I prolly go through a couple'a dang gallons/year of Sriracha! I love it in my soups (like Ramen, Pho, etc) and mix it with vinegar for the killer Thai omelets Lynn makes for me (I mix it approx. 1/3 Sriacha and 2/3 vinegar for the omelets). I've used it for a bazillion years, but in the recent past, I've started to notice it EVERYWHERE. It seems to be extremely popular these days. I found some "store brand" Sriracha recently and tried it, but it seemed totally different than what I was accustomed to, so I started doing a little bit of research and found that the maker never applied for a copyright of the name, so ANYBODY can make a hot sauce and call it Sriracha. (they have it with seeds or without) Maybe you could play around with adding a bit of garlic to the mix and make your own (except they use RED jalapenos in the real stuff). The main ingredients are Chili, Sugar, Salt, Garlic and Distilled Vinegar. http://www.pepperscale.com/sriracha-ingredients/

http://www.prevention.com/sites/prevention.com/files/styles/article_main_image_2200px/public/images/articles/featured_images/sriracha-compass-752110_0.jpg?itok=uNalRYM7

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2015, 10:27 AM
I add red, ripe jalapenos to the red sauce and green pepper and green jalapeno to my green sauce. Other than that, the only ingredient is peppers, vinegar, and salt.

I love Rooster sauce. Good stuff.

BKB

Big Muddy
11-18-2015, 02:48 PM
Phole's red stuff is really good for removing tar off your fenders, too !!!! ;)

Day'um good stuff, but ""sorta"" spicy. ;)