PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it..

FooBang
11-18-2015, 03:10 AM
Today, France launched a series of raids against extremists and arrested dozens of no-do-gooders. They found rocket launchers, automatic weapons, and at the moment there is a shoot out with the bad guys in Paris again. What I don't get is why this didn't happen until the catastrophe the other night.. I mean, they **KNOW** who and where these Jihadi jokers are. Why didn't they arrest them beforehand?

I just don't get it. Before the terror incident, they had the same evidence they do now, it's just that it took an act of terror to get them to move on it..

Shakin' my head.

Captain
11-18-2015, 07:06 AM
I had the exact thought the day after the attacks when they started hitting the targets.
I semi/sorta heard an answer. Don't know if it's correct but a friend of mine that is in position to know explained France got the targets from the US. He says we are flying about 7 to 10 bombing runs a day. Many of those will return without deploying there bombs because of a chance of civilians in the area. The targets were given to France as they were/are not as concerned about the collateral damage to civilians.
Now as far as what has happened over night I assume is from new information France has gotten since the attacks. Looks like they got 7 or 8 more....

airbud7
11-18-2015, 08:00 AM
Damn, just saw that a woman blew herself up with a suicide vest to keep from getting arrested /wtf?

Captain
11-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Them folks are born to die. It's hell to fight folks that want to die.

Thumper
11-18-2015, 08:33 AM
I understand most of the recent intel came from the blown-up bomber's cell phones and that's where the most recent actions originated. Their terror "watch list" has something like 11,000 - 12,000 names on it, so it's hard to peg what "might" happen ... but once it does, it gives a good starting point. I guess it's kinda like we know we have a bazillion illegals in OUR country ... but only Trump thinks he knows how to get rid of 'em.

The biggest problem France has is the ease of travel between countries. Heck, you can practically rent a car in Greece and drive to Norway without ever showing a passport! Add the fact that most of France's terrorists are French citizens and you have a mess trying to second guess anyone.

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2015, 09:32 AM
I had the exact same thoughts, especially with what happened in France with the Charlie Hebdo stuff. They were supposedly on very high alert already too. I guess it goes to show that you can't go it alone with that intelligence stuff. That and how close you can be without onowing what you need to know.

I hope they rub 'em all out.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-18-2015, 09:42 AM
Did we learn nothing from Vietnam. If you're going to wage a war, keep the farging politicians out of how it's done. Shit, nobody was worried about the collateral damage when we fire bombed German and Japanese cities if WWII and the result was we conquered the world in 4.5 years.

I had the exact thought the day after the attacks when they started hitting the targets.
I semi/sorta heard an answer. Don't know if it's correct but a friend of mine that is in position to know explained France got the targets from the US. He says we are flying about 7 to 10 bombing runs a day. Many of those will return without deploying there bombs because of a chance of civilians in the area. The targets were given to France as they were/are not as concerned about the collateral damage to civilians.
Now as far as what has happened over night I assume is from new information France has gotten since the attacks. Looks like they got 7 or 8 more....

FooBang
11-18-2015, 11:46 AM
Did we learn nothing from Vietnam. If you're going to wage a war, keep the farging politicians out of how it's done. Shit, nobody was worried about the collateral damage when we fire bombed German and Japanese cities if WWII and the result was we conquered the world in 4.5 years.

Now, I don't believe in firebombing civilians, CD... However, there is something to be said for making the enemy *feel* defeated. Like the Japanese after WWII-- they had no fight left in 'em, and they ended up becoming one of our strongest allies.

The problem with modern warfare is that the enemy is "defeated" too quickly and doesn't have a chance to get the piss and vinegar knocked out of 'em.

Chicken Dinner
11-18-2015, 12:17 PM
I'm not lobbying for fire bombing either. I'm just saying that if an enemy wants to set up shop in a school, hospital or mosque, then the results on them. If you're an "innocent" civilian, leave or suffer the consequences.