PDA

View Full Version : Youse dufes be good today.

Thumper
11-18-2015, 10:33 AM
I gots ta' dump all the crap out'ta my truck and go swap it for my new one. I just called my salesman (at home) and told him I had no problem waiting until tomorrow if he wanted to enjoy his day off. He told me today is fine and to just give him a buzz when I'm ready, then he'll meet me there. So ... I may as well get'er done. For the past bazillion years, my normal routine with a new truck is to drive from the dealer to my favorite tint place (Tint Masters) and get the winders tinted. Lynn's off today, so I may put it off until tomorrow.

Later buttheads!

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Be sure and drive in front of some store windows so you can admire yourself in your new wheels!

BKB

Thumper
11-18-2015, 10:36 AM
:thumbsup

Thumper
11-18-2015, 07:17 PM
Man-o-man ... I've had a bazillion new vehicles over the years, but I've never failed to get excited about a new one. That new car smell is intoxicationg and I'm in love with my new truck! I feel like a teenager again, looking for any excuse to drive it someplace. You know ... like back in the day when Mom would say something like, "Oh darn, I forgot to buy dish soap when I went to the store." And you'd immediately come back with, I'LL GO FOR YA' MOM!!! ;)

Oh yeah ... my salesman is Jamaican mon ... and when I took delivery, my Sirius radio was set on some Reggae station. The song playing as I drove out of the dealership was kinda cool, so I figured I'd finish listening to it before I changed stations. Dang! I really liked the next song also ... and the next ... and the next! I may just leave it there for a while. I've listened to the stuff before ... and don't dislike it, I just never spent that much time thinking about it. It may be just a mellow station ... not sure, but I think I'm kinda-sorta hooked ... at least for now.

Trav
11-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Thumper, the name of that station is fittingly named "The joint". It's number 1 in my favorites.

Thumper
11-18-2015, 07:44 PM
Now that you mention it, I remember seeing that on the read-out. I think I'll spend a bit of time on that station as it really hooked me and reeled me in. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2015, 09:37 PM
When I was a kid, our mailbox was a half mile away, down on the county road. I started out having to ride my bike to get the mail. There was a BIG hill halfway to the mailbox and I could coast all the way there. The trip back wasn't so fun. At about 12 I started driving the tractor to the mailbox. By about 14 I was driving the truck. The mail never got missed on my watch as long as there was a vehicle involved.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2015, 09:38 PM
And Thumper, where's the pics? What trim package? What motor?

WTF?

BkB

Chicken Dinner
11-18-2015, 10:04 PM
He'll post some pics as soon as our resident ornery ginger posts pics of his...

Arty
11-18-2015, 10:17 PM
He'll post some pics as soon as our resident ornery ginger posts pics of his...

BAM

BarryBobPosthole
11-18-2015, 11:23 PM
I've posted pics of my hoopie before.

I just wanted to see what a Toyota Pimpmobile might look like. I'll bet it has curb feelers.

BKB

Captain
11-19-2015, 07:32 AM

Big Muddy
11-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Cap, I think it needs more pink. ;)

Thumper
11-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Ya' know sumpin'? I just realized I ain't much of a car picture taker type. Of the bazillions of vehicles I've owned, I have no pics of them (except my little street racer I built back in the 60's). Heck, I've had two Corvettes and don't even have a pic them. I do have a pic of my Honda 4-wheeler loaded in the back of my old 2003 (?) 'Yota and I think some 4-wheelin' pics in California, Navada and Utah of my old '81 Toyota (my first 'Yota). Weird ... I do kinda wish I'd taken pics of a few of 'em ... or my old huntin' buggies even.

BarryBobPosthole
11-19-2015, 08:14 PM
You never said what you got. 3.5 Atkinson they been touting?

BKB

Thumper
11-19-2015, 10:42 PM
Yessir. It's either that or the 4-banger. Just had the winders tinted today and it looks slick. I think I fall a little deeper in love with it every day. Tomorrow I'll break her in on a few estate sales and let 'er haul some junk. ;)