PDA

View Full Version : First #$%! Head Cold

Big Skyz
11-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Hating life today with the first miserable head cold of the season. Probably has a lot to do with why I have no tolerance for world affairs today. They said they were out of substitutes at work, so here I sit on an endurance test. I can deal with the sore throat, but the fever is killing me. One second I'm burning up and the next shivering like a mad man. Thankfully my students are staying on task today and wisely keeping their distance. Methinks the school better find me a sub tomorrow. I had big plans to deer hunt this weekend and even have Friday scheduled off from work. The fact it might turn into a sick day instead has me more than a little grouchy. Yeah I'm whining but I suck at being sick.

Big Muddy
11-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Hate that for you, Sky....I went thru it about two weeks ago....I usually only get one cold in the fall and one in the spring, so hopefully I'm good to go until about April.

Our gun season opens Sat....g'kids will be here, and the weather forecast looks beautiful....if no deer show up for them, we can always kick Sandy outta her bed, and chase tree rats. ;)

Big Skyz
11-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Big Muddy that sounds like a perfect weekend to me.

Nandy
11-18-2015, 08:17 PM
Nothing like chasing game to make a man feel better! Good luck!

Thumper
11-18-2015, 08:56 PM
Game is fine ... but there's sumpin' I like chasin' MUCH more to make me feel better. ;)

Arty
11-18-2015, 10:27 PM
That stinks!
Nothing worse than a head cold. I get a couple every year. They don't last long .... But dang they suck!
According to my wife, I'm a bigger baby when I'm sick than either of our kids were they were tykes.

Captain
11-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Man That sucks... I bet the local coyotes got together and put cold germs on truck door handle. Hope you are feeling better today or at least got to stay home.

Thumper
11-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Man That sucks... I bet the local coyotes got together and put cold germs on toy truck door handle.

But he drives a Phord. ;)

I'm in the same boat as Arty ... she says I'm the biggest baby in the world when I get sick. Hope you get over it soon and it doesn't ruin your weekend.