PDA

View Full Version : For youse SiriusXM dufes ....

Thumper
11-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Sheeesh! If you want a discount on your subscription ... just don't renew! Lynn has Sirius on her car but has never once used it. She has her favorite Orlando station and never really listens to anything else. But DAYUM (as Edward would say) ... the vultures fly out of the woodwork when you don't renew your subscription! We let hers lapse because she never uses it. The junk mail (begging us to come back) has been endless. Emails out the wazoo. Phone calls upon phone calls upon phone calls (on our home phone which we never answer). I expect the drones to show up at any time to drop leaflets on the front porch. A couple weeks ago I opened a piece of junk mail from them and they were offering 1/2 off for the next year with no activation fee. Five minutes ago, another call came in on the home phone (I didn't answer). Dang, if I ignore them long enough, maybe they'll be offering a free year!

I suppose I'll be in the same boat in the next 90-days as that's when my trial subscription runs out. I like it, but don't "need" it ... or the extra expense. Heck, the 8-year old truck I just traded in only had 28,000 miles on it, so I doubt I'd get my money's worth as little as I drive these days. But man-o-man ... those guys are desperate to sell subscriptions! They'd be a match for the frigging NRA!

Captain
11-19-2015, 03:56 PM
Mine is on auto renew on plastic. I have no clue what the cost is. I bet Mrs. Captain can tell ya... :D

Thumper
11-19-2015, 04:21 PM
Heck, I don't even know. I think it's about $20/month. I'm waiting while my windows get tinted, so I don't have the paperwork in front of me.

Trav
11-19-2015, 07:54 PM
My sister got me a lifetime subscription when it first came out, I think she paid like $350.00, I have had it for almost 13 years. It's been one of the best gifts I've ever received.

BarryBobPosthole
11-19-2015, 08:10 PM
I like it but had to let mine go. No more time than I spend in my truck just made it impractical. Willie's Roadhouse was my all time favorite. Some REAL country music on that channel and none of these ball cap wearin' ignoramusses.

BKB

Thumper
11-19-2015, 10:46 PM
I'll prolly be in the same boat P-hole. If I were on the road a lot, it might be worth it.

They're trying really hard to keep subscriptions. Like I said, Lynn dropped hers and they've been pestering the heck out of us and are now offering a renewal at half price.

Read some of the comments at the bottom of this website:

http://www.spoofee.com/how-to-get-a-discount-sirius-xm-radio-subscription/deals/732226

BarryBobPosthole
11-19-2015, 10:51 PM
They need a pay as you go service. I would have loved it on the drive to Canada. As it was I just put my entire Itunes libeary on shuffle.

BKB

Thumper
11-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Truck drivers love it. Pick a station in Florida and listen to it until you hit Washington State. I didn't have it and hated trying to listen to a NastyCar race while on the road. I'd hear 15 minutes of the race, then spend 20 mins. searching for another station and repeat ... IF I could even find it again after losing it. I'd usually just give up and go back to listening to the CB.

BarryBobPosthole
11-19-2015, 11:14 PM
What was your CB handle?

BKB

Thumper
11-20-2015, 12:30 AM
Same as it's been since the 70's .... Maddog

Back in the 70's ya' had ta' have a license and I got mine right after they went from a three to four letter prefix ... KAVF-4036 (I think). ;)

I had a Cobra and a 100W linear in my car, plus two Cobra base stations with a D-104 mic. I always wanted a set of directional "beams" ... but was living in apartments in those days and had to cheat with a dipole mounted on my back deck. I used to drive the neighbors crazy every time I keyed up ... their tv's would go nuts. ;)

I kind'a wish I still had that old license. It would be a pretty neat piece of history to frame and hang it in my office ... if nothing else but for the memories. It was a bit like computers these days ... after work, I'd come home, clean up, have supper and play on the CB at night. Kind of like this place and the internet in a way, I made a few friends talking "skip" on a good sunspot night. Of course, even though I had a linear on my base, with my limited antenna, I usually did more listening than talking with skip conditions. :(

FooBang
11-20-2015, 01:00 AM
Don't take the first offer to come back. Another will come along that gives you 6 months for $17.

Hombre
11-20-2015, 05:02 AM
I was just thinking about this the other day. Once i run out on my subscription I will not renew. I like a lot of the channels, but mostly listen to Bloomberg. My issue is if I pay there better not be commercials and there is so i am out

Fido
11-20-2015, 09:20 AM
What Barry said!!