PDA

View Full Version : ]*{*}*#^#**!!

BarryBobPosthole
11-20-2015, 02:40 PM
Farging bastiches.

Went to a business appointment at an office in my little burg this morning at 9:00 and when I walked out to my truck a few mnutes ago the tailgate was down and the fishing stuff I had in the back was pulled out on the tailgate. Lucky for me nothing was stolen but all I can figure is either somebody got paranoid or somebody decided they couldn't sell it at a pawnshop to buy another hit of hydrocodone in a hurry.

The fuckers.
This is in a pretty safe and open place too.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Man, I hate a thief.

jb
11-20-2015, 02:59 PM
I thought you learned your lesson when you had that rifle taken out of your truck.
You may need a capper of some kind with a lock.

Captain
11-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Farging bastiches. Went to a business appointment at an office in my little burg this morning at 9:00 and when I walked out to my truck a few mnutes ago the tailgate was down and the fishing stuff I had in the back was pulled out on the tailgate. Lucky for me nothing was stolen but all I can figure is either somebody got paranoid or somebody decided they couldn't sell it at a pawnshop to buy another hit of hydrocodone in a hurry. The fuckers. This is in a pretty safe and open place too. BKB

Probably a Democrat.... :D
I cannot stand a thief, I'm so glad it was not all gone. I know you keep some right nice fishing gear.

BarryBobPosthole
11-20-2015, 04:38 PM
Birddog and I just went fishing last week and instead of putting it away I just got lazy and left it in the truck. Dumb move.
I have an Access cover but that only keeps honest people honest. I will start locking my tailgate when I leave that stuff in there.

BkB

Captain
11-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Yea, that was almost a expensive lesson.
Guys I hunt/fish with are always giving me grief about locking stuff up or taking my stuff inside. I tell them you can't spend a career reading and writing reports about everyone's crap getting stolen without it leaving s lasting impression!

airbud7
11-20-2015, 07:07 PM
Glad you came out unscathed Barry, I hate a thief.

Thumper
11-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Dang! If some a-hole jumps me and beats the living crap out'ta me, I'll get up, brush myself off and figure I just didn't fight well enough. But STEAL from me ... and I go ballistic! I'm with the others ... thought you'd learned your lesson from the last time. Ya' can't trust an Okie around guns or fishing gear! ;)

Heck, the last time was in your own driveway ... you expected a parking lot to be better? (Sorry, couldn't resist and I'm glad they chickened out.) I wonder if there is video of the lot available? Might be interesting. In fact ... that same thought (cameras) may be what changed their minds.

Fido
11-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Had a good Bud (now deceased) get a tool box ripped off from the garage at his country home.He bought a new tool box and filled with with scrap steel tooo simulate weight of tools. He also had a couple sticks of dynamite with an electric cap that would trigger when the cheap lock was broken and the lid raised. He had no takers for quite some time so he decided too take the box and dump it off a bridge into the local river. Going thru town on his way too the river he spotted a friends car at a local watering hole, he stopped in to say hi and when he came back out the box was gone from the back of his pick-up bed. Next day there was a report in the local paper of an explosion in the kitchen of a Latino home! No one was killed but a lesson was surely learned!!!

Thumper
11-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Dang Fido! He's DEFINITELY lucky he didn't end up in jail. In Memphis, the Cadillac dealership was broken into two weekends in a row and I designed a "booby trap" to blast those mf'er with a shotgun should they try it again. (they came in the same way both times) When I mentioned it to a local cop, he told me NOT to do that as I would end up in jail! I spent the next two weekends living in the dealership awaiting their return so I could turn it into a self-defense argument instead of a murder charge. I guess I was a week late as we never had another break-in. :(

In California (different dealership), we had a rash of burglaries ... someone breaking into new cars on the lot and stealing the radios. They'd hit about 10 cars at a time and the a-holes would cause more damage CUTTING the dang things out of the dash than the cost of the radios themselves. (this was back in the day when most all radios were interchangeable between cars and Caddie had some nice Bose units at the time) I spent a few weekends on the roof of the dealership with a phone we wired up there (before cell phones) so I could immediately notify the cops if I spotted anyone. All I could think of while up there was what a PERFECT sniper position I had! But dang-it ... again, no more break-ins on my watch. I really wanted to catch those bastards. I guess I take theft a bit too personally.

BarryBobPosthole
11-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Once during the Christmas shopping season, ,y youngest daughter and i were in a best buy looking for something or other, when two kids with hoodies pulled up over their heads (which i don't understand why i see so many young people wearing them unibomber style) grabbed something off of one of the shelves and bolted out through an emergency exit door. I told my wife about it when we got home and she said they do that all the time and usually have a car waiting outside the door.
i told her then and I still don't understand now why they don't hire a rentacop eith a baseball bat to stand outside that door and whack anybody that comes running through it. It'd also deter them you'd think when they cased the place. She said retail stores couldn't do that.

Why not?

BKB

Thumper
11-21-2015, 11:14 AM
I look at that stupid hoodie thing the same way I do the pants waists hanging at thigh level. A-holes wear hoodies (hoodie over head) when it's 90 frigging degrees down here. Like the pants thing, it's one of the most ignorant things I've ever seen. Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon ... I don't know.

Nandy
11-23-2015, 07:04 PM
Barry, it will cost them more money to defend themselves when they do whack one of them bastards than what the merchandize cost them...