PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ticboy ....

Thumper
11-24-2015, 11:10 AM
Thought I'd pass this on for what it's worth. Just a goofy idea you might want to play with somewhere down the line. While in L.A. for Lynn's mom's 80th birthday, the whole famdambly got together at a well known Japanese photographer's studio for some family pics. While hanging around the studio, I looked at a lot of this guy's work and one item in a group of wedding photos caught my eye. For some reason, it had "Tic Jenkins" written all over it! You may not see the humor in it, but I thought it was a hoot and thought of you immediately. I asked the photog's permission to take a pic of his pic and he had no problem with it. It's of the groom and his best man, etc. .... a take-off of the old "Evolution of Man" chart.

LJ3
11-24-2015, 12:21 PM
I'd seen that before. It's clever but the percentage of people that would "get it" is too small :)

BarryBobPosthole
11-24-2015, 12:25 PM
I'll be honest and admit the first thing I thought of when I saw it was is Three Stooges picture.

BKB

Thumper
11-24-2015, 01:26 PM
I'd seen that before. It's clever but the percentage of people that would "get it" is too small :)

Glad I'm in the upper percentages. :D I knew what it was immediately, but now that you mention it, I see your point.

LJ3
11-24-2015, 01:56 PM
I shot a wedding downtown at St Matthews where Kennedy's funeral was and the notorious photo of little john saluting his dads casket was taken. This wedding had a little kin in a tux so I took some time to recreate the shot and process it to look old school.

Like... three people got it :)