PDA

View Full Version : She's Gonna Blow!

BarryBobPosthole
11-24-2015, 12:50 PM
Chicago, that is. After that video is released.
Don't see how it won't.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-24-2015, 01:42 PM
News reports (even Fox) say the video is damning. Perhaps, the fact that the cop has been charged will help diffuse the situation.

Hombre
11-24-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm not condoning or saying anyone deserves to be shot, but when I hear things like "he just robbed a store" or "he was confirmed on PCP" my give-a-shit goes way down.

DeputyDog
11-24-2015, 03:41 PM
News reports (even Fox) say the video is damning. Perhaps, the fact that the cop has been charged will help diffuse the situation.

I doubt it. There are a lot of people just looking for an excuse to off.

Arty
11-24-2015, 03:51 PM
I'm not condoning or saying anyone deserves to be shot, but when I hear things like "he just robbed a store" or "he was confirmed on PCP" my give-a-shit goes way down.

But shoot him 16 times!?

Hombre
11-24-2015, 04:28 PM
But shoot him 16 times!?

ya that is crazy and again I am not condoning this. Just pointing out I have more trouble caring when people are criminals already.

Arty
11-24-2015, 04:48 PM
ya that is crazy and again I am not condoning this. Just pointing out I have more trouble caring when people are criminals already.
agree

Trav
11-24-2015, 04:53 PM
I am with Hombre, as far as its not like he as just walking his dog minding his own business and a cop randomly shot him. I mean I have 100% confidence I won't be shot by a cop because I am not a criminal. As to shooting him 16 times I am not sure it matters and what I mean by that is after the first shot the horse has left the barn. Again I am not saying I condone it its just hard to get worked up over it.

Hombre
11-24-2015, 05:09 PM
Trav - That's pretty much where I'm at. Hard for me to get worked up over it. Once we bring personal responsibility back into these stories I'll be one of the first to call bullshit on unwarranted use of force. I guess I'm just a bit fed up with cops are criminals and criminals are victims.

Thumper
11-24-2015, 08:38 PM
I love our Sheriff down here (Grady Judd) and he's had my vote every election since he first ran in '04. Most people love him, but the Liberals hate him! He's NOT very PC and that's only one thing I like about him. We had a cop killer (killed a cop AND his K9 plus shot and injured another Deputy) down here a while back and after they found the dude hiding in the woods, he started firing at the officers who returned fire and killed him. Afterwards, it was disclosed deputies had fired 110 rounds! At the news conference, a reporter asked why they had to fire so many rounds and the Sheriff responded, "That's all the bullets we had." When asked why the perp was shot 68 times, he responded, "We ran out of bullets!"

In another incident, four thugs committed an armed robbery, fired at cops responding, crashed their stolen getaway vehicle, all 4 ran different directions, the cops caught two and the other two got away after they fled into a residential neighborhood. There was a manhunt looking for them and the Sheriff held a news conference that night where he said, "The only thing they respect is somebody with more guns than they have" and "If they want a gunfight, we'll give them a gunfight they'll never forget."

It was later found, the two had broken into a house and murdered the two ladies living there, then fled in their car. They were later apprehended and the Sheriff held another news conference announcing their arrest. One of the reporters asked the Sheriff if he regretted the "firefight" language he'd used the night before. Here's his response:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=31409e47a208" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He also applies his no-nonsense attitude when it comes to saving taxpayer money. He decided inmates would no longer receive free underwear, but will be buying their own. "For those who want underwear, they buy underwear. For those who don't, they can let the breeze blow up one leg and down the other," he said. That decision saved the jail almost $50,000. Judd saved another $200,000 by putting an end to free lunches for prisoners ... with water instead of coffee or tea. He said, "If you want to have peanut butter and jelly, and have sodas to drink and coffee with your breakfast and real eggs instead of egg patties—stay out of jail." He also removed all the basketball goals from the jail yard and donated them to a local church. He said, "He didn't want citizens driving by the jail wondering why they're working while inmates are playing." There are a million examples, but bottom line is, we LOVE our Sheriff!

Nandy
11-24-2015, 09:59 PM
The video I saw did not have any audio so it is hard to guess when did he started shooting at the guy but it looks bad for the police officer... He might have felt in danger but from the camera point of view it dont look like it warranted him being shot, maybe tazed but we all know most of those peep high on stuff dont always get stopped by tazers...

LJ3
11-25-2015, 11:27 AM
That video is crazy. You can't justify your way to shooting that guy like they did. Holy shit. It did look like they kicked a weapon out of his hand after they shot him, shot him again, he was on the ground, shot him some more, then approached him and kicked something out of his hand. He also had his hand in his pocket and I'm sure they were screaming at him to show his hands and all that.

Fucked up situation all around.

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2015, 12:05 PM
No way anyone can justify that shooting. And while we're justifying, there's no way rioting is ever going to change the behavior of the very very very small percentage of bad cops either. All it does is negatively affect the good ones.

So let the process work (400 fucking days is way too long to 'investigate' this case), fry the guilty, and everybody else calm the fuck down.

BKB