PDA

View Full Version : CNN Is Stupid

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm the HMFIC when it comes to chef duties round here. I can chef some shit I'm telling ya.

So while I'm generally goofing off today getting ready for the big day tomorrow, I've had CNN on pretty much most of the day. Other than watching the first episode of that John Adams series.

Anyway, CNN has basically been communicationg these messages all day today:

1. We are fucked.

B. NATO is a bunch of losers. And they might be a country, be ause they haven't been heard from. (bullshit, ask the Russioans if they've heard from NATO)

1 1/2. Ohmyfuckinggodweare fucked!

c. ISIS may have gone dark. Meaning they are texting as much. Or using Facebook as much. My sister is also taking a break from Facebook. I wonder if I could get a reward for turning her in?

1 3/4. They want pretty badly for us to know Donald Trump is lying about the arabs cheering when the towers came down on 9/11. And then they tell us with a straight face that when our President says there is no known credible threat that what he REALLY means is WE ARE FUCKED!

Z. The Limey 'experts' that they have had on all day are confident ISIS will kick our asses unless we have boots on the ground. Not their boots. Our boots. We're wimps if we don't. Meantime, they will be flying air cover. Lets you and him fight.

They are the dumbest fuckers I have ever heard try to deliver news. And Fox is worse.

We really are fucked.

BKb

airbud7
11-25-2015, 07:04 PM
In before Cappy.............Fair and balanced, Nuff Said!!!

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Ha! I got some land for ya. Down by Okifinokie.

BKB

Thumper
11-25-2015, 07:18 PM
After wading through your rant ... I KNOW you've been hitting the cherry juice while prepping that T-giving meal (OR posting from your phone). BUT ... once I got past the typos and dropped words, I figured it out and have to agree with this statement the most.

"They are the dumbest fuckers I have ever heard try to deliver news. And Fox is worse."

I listen to FOX because I feel it's my duty as a registered Republican ... but I can only take so much of their b/s (fair & balanced ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!) My second go-to station is CNN, only because they're better than the alternatives. IF I can catch Al Jazeera, I will, but I have extremely limited coverage here. It ain't the best situation, but it's all I gots. :(

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2015, 07:37 PM
No, no alcohol involved. Just typing fast on this stupid ipad.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-25-2015, 07:40 PM
And Peter Bergen, another fuckstick, just said that on the 'dark web' one could just order up these assault weapons and have them delivered to your door! Man, if we weren't fucked before we sure as hell are really fucked now!

I'm moving back to John Adams.

BKB

Thumper
11-25-2015, 07:45 PM
So ... how do you REALLY feel about all of this? :D

Captain
11-26-2015, 12:06 AM
In before Cappy.............Fair and balanced, Nuff Said!!!

Thanks for filling in for me while I was working AirBud!
There are people that know what's really going on if they listen to Fox News and there are the misinformed that listen to everything else.

BarryBobPosthole
11-26-2015, 12:10 AM
You're brining that youngun up wrong, Larke.

BKB

Thumper
11-26-2015, 08:57 AM
I've said this before. Growing up, I was a news junkie. I have no clue why I'd be that way as a 10-15 yr. old, but I was always a VERY early riser and would actually have the morning paper read before going to school! Then I'd catch the news on tv that night, before reading the paper the next morning. When I went off to college, I actually forfeited some of my beer money to buy a paper every day. Weird, I know ... and I have no clue where it came from.

Then I went into the military and entered the Intel. field. I knew the news before anyone else in the world knew it ... AND, since I was in a way GENERATING that news from the source itself, I was pretty much in the know as far as what was going on in the world. If it wasn't directly from my area of expertise, I was exposed to quite a bit of intel. outside of my "need to know" limitations just due to the fact I was working at the source. 'Nuf said about that.

BUT ... while I was in the Intel field, I noticed that a high percentage of the news was bullshit! Much of it was either "white-washed", censored, twisted, or just plain wrong and misleading. To be honest, I was dumbfounded by much of it. From the day I got out of the service, I never subscribed to another newspaper and took what I saw on tv with a grain of salt. The first time I subscribed to another newspaper was in 1989, when I started my business. Why? Only because I ran a daily ad and I wanted to make sure my ad was running ... as well as keep up with the competition's ads. Once I had more business than I could handle (and basically switched over to commercial, annual contracts), my newspaper subscription (and ad) was the first thing to be dropped. To this day, I've never subscribed to a newspaper and simply catch the news on the i-net or tv ... but still don't put a whole lot of credence in what I see/hear. I couldn't tell you how many times I've been engrossed in an issue and wished I knew the inside story and what is REALLY going on. That's probably one of the things I miss most about the military ... well, at least the part of the military I was in.

I'll admit, I'm a dinosaur and news coverage has changed with satellites, cameras in everyone's pocket at all times, the internet and social media, etc. ... but when it comes to "insider" world news ... I always doubt much of what I hear and can't help but wish I knew the "real" story.

airbud7
11-26-2015, 11:33 AM

BarryBobPosthole
11-26-2015, 12:18 PM
p
I've said this before. Growing up, I was a news junkie. I have no clue why I'd be that way as a 10-15 yr. old, but I was always a VERY early riser and would actually have the morning paper read before going to school! Then I'd catch the news on tv that night, before reading the paper the next morning. When I went off to college, I actually forfeited some of my beer money to buy a paper every day. Weird, I know ... and I have no clue where it came from.

Then I went into the military and entered the Intel. field. I knew the news before anyone else in the world knew it ... AND, since I was in a way GENERATING that news from the source itself, I was pretty much in the know as far as what was going on in the world. If it wasn't directly from my area of expertise, I was exposed to quite a bit of intel. outside of my "need to know" limitations just due to the fact I was working at the source. 'Nuf said about that.

BUT ... while I was in the Intel field, I noticed that a high percentage of the news was bullshit! Much of it was either "white-washed", censored, twisted, or just plain wrong and misleading. To be honest, I was dumbfounded by much of it. From the day I got out of the service, I never subscribed to another newspaper and took what I saw on tv with a grain of salt. The first time I subscribed to another newspaper was in 1989, when I started my business. Why? Only because I ran a daily ad and I wanted to make sure my ad was running ... as well as keep up with the competition's ads. Once I had more business than I could handle (and basically switched over to commercial, annual contracts), my newspaper subscription (and ad) was the first thing to be dropped. To this day, I've never subscribed to a newspaper and simply catch the news on the i-net or tv ... but still don't put a whole lot of credence in what I see/hear. I couldn't tell you how many times I've been engrossed in an issue and wished I knew the inside story and what is REALLY going on. That's probably one of the things I miss most about the military ... well, at least the part of the military I was in.

I'll admit, I'm a dinosaur and news coverage has changed with satellites, cameras in everyone's pocket at all times, the internet and social media, etc. ... but when it comes to "insider" world news ... I always doubt much of what I hear and can't help but wish I knew the "real" story.

So......whenever you post an opinion about something, we can assume its not an informed one?

(jes pokin)

BKB

Thumper
11-26-2015, 08:48 PM
Well, it would be an opinion based on the same news everyone else here has access to. How's that? ;)

LJ3
11-29-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm the HMFIC when it comes to chef duties round here. I can chef some shit I'm telling ya.

So while I'm generally goofing off today getting ready for the big day tomorrow, I've had CNN on pretty much most of the day. Other than watching the first episode of that John Adams series.

Anyway, CNN has basically been communicationg these messages all day today:

1. We are fucked.

B. NATO is a bunch of losers. And they might be a country, be ause they haven't been heard from. (bullshit, ask the Russioans if they've heard from NATO)

1 1/2. Ohmyfuckinggodweare fucked!

c. ISIS may have gone dark. Meaning they are texting as much. Or using Facebook as much. My sister is also taking a break from Facebook. I wonder if I could get a reward for turning her in?

1 3/4. They want pretty badly for us to know Donald Trump is lying about the arabs cheering when the towers came down on 9/11. And then they tell us with a straight face that when our President says there is no known credible threat that what he REALLY means is WE ARE FUCKED!

Z. The Limey 'experts' that they have had on all day are confident ISIS will kick our asses unless we have boots on the ground. Not their boots. Our boots. We're wimps if we don't. Meantime, they will be flying air cover. Lets you and him fight.

They are the dumbest fuckers I have ever heard try to deliver news. And Fox is worse.

We really are fucked.

BKb

I'm, just elated to see someone else has embraced my numbering system! IS this how Dewey got his start? This could be my mark on the world!