PDA

View Full Version : Intense moose hunt....short vid clip....

Big Muddy
11-30-2015, 05:11 PM
Well, this IS a hunting site. ;)

Personally, I don't want to be this close to a moose!!! ;)

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/bowhunter-captures-intense-point-blank-kill-moose-video/

Captain
11-30-2015, 05:31 PM
Damn! Them things will kill you as fast as a Bear. That guy is nuts.

airbud7
11-30-2015, 06:04 PM
That scared me just watching it!

Nandy
11-30-2015, 06:59 PM
Ohhh, the shivers!!!!!

LJ3
11-30-2015, 07:03 PM
Sweet jesus! I couldn't do it. No way. That thing could just as easily stomped his ass to oblivion.

HideHunter
12-01-2015, 11:12 AM
He had his own TV show for awhile.. Man "speaks" moose..

DeputyDog
12-01-2015, 11:51 AM
Then he should tell it to give him a shot a little further away.

HideHunter
12-01-2015, 12:36 PM
lol.. getting them "in close" is what he's all about.. I saw this clip on his TV show.. He was ecstatic.. ;)

Big Muddy
12-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Hide, actually I think the term is "ecstatic lunatic". ;)

Thumper
12-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Now THAT'S what I call getting up close and personal. I did the same with a black bear once ... he came right into my ground blind with me and I could actually hear him breathing into my left ear! I had fish "juice" on my clothes after refreshing my bait with a bucket of old fish guts from camp and was hoping I didn't smell good enough to eat! He was so close (he came in from behind over my left shoulder), my rifle was too long to swing around for a shot. I just froze, he backed out of my blind and "disappeared" (no clue how they do that). A few minutes later, he stepped out in front of the bait pile and I killed him. I know, I know ... no video ... but it's a true story. One of my best ... if not THE best.

My buddy did much the same one year. He fell asleep in his blind and awoke to a small blackie standing right in front of him (within about 2 feet!). He had his rifle laying across his lap, slipped the safety off, then simply raised the barrel a couple inches and pulled the trigger. The round went up through the bear's bottom jaw and into his head, killing him instantly. When we lifted him up and his tongue fell straight down and was hanging through the hole in his jaw. I think I have pics around here someplace.