PDA

View Full Version : Analysts on the News

BarryBobPosthole
12-03-2015, 12:28 PM
As Bassdog used to say, they don't even know when they should be embarassed.

Every analyst of all description on news networks that I saw got it absolutley wrong. And today? They're right back on the air spouting the same bullshit.

BKB

Big Skyz
12-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Astoundingly depressing and amazing at the same time isn't it?

BarryBobPosthole
12-03-2015, 12:50 PM
I was talking to my parents about this very thing just the few days before this happened. They've been in media practically their whole working lives. One of the main differences between now and 'then' is we used to lead discussions about stuff like this around the dinner table based on what we heard or read on the news. Nowadays, the media leads that discussion and about a tenth of what we get is actual news and the rest is dicussions among analysts and experts. And they are practically ne er challenged even though they are wrong more than they're right.

And we let it happen.

BkB

Thumper
12-03-2015, 12:54 PM
I was just bitching about this same thing this morning as Lynn was getting ready for work. I was channel surfing and catching up on the California shooting. EVERY frigging channel I turned to had their token "expert" blurting out their informed opinions as fact. Lynn finally told me to cool it and watch something else if it pissed me off so much. Timely post there P-hole! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-03-2015, 12:58 PM
if they didn't have them, they wouldn't have anything to fill the time! Then they might have to go back to a six oclock news broadcast instead of this 24 hours of bullshit marathon we have now.

BKB

Captain
12-03-2015, 01:19 PM
if they didn't have them, they wouldn't have anything to fill the time! Then they might have to go back to a six oclock news broadcast instead of this 24 hours of bullshit marathon we have now. BKB

One of the best things you have ever said.

One of the main reason all this stuff continues is because the Continued media attention.

Thumper
12-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Oh the anti's are already raising Hell and it'll be good for another Obama rant about the gun lobby. Heck, you can't get much tougher gun laws than Cali-frickin'-fornia, but like everyone knows, it's not gonna stop these sick mother-fuckers from getting whatever they want.

Captain
12-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Any president that would suggest we should have less guns at a time when It is clear we are going to fight a war on OUR soil is pure stupid. Pure stupid.

johnboy
12-03-2015, 02:02 PM
So many people talking so very much and saying so very little. I will surf through all the news channels when something is happening in a usually vain attempt to actually get some real information. Remember the old "who, what, when, why and where" style of news reporting? I sure miss those days.