PDA

View Full Version : I've got a very dumb neighbor.....

Big Muddy
12-04-2015, 02:17 AM
Well, he isn't actually dumb, but he has only one eye....a kid accidentally poked out one of his eyeballs with a pool que, when he was a teenager.

He called a little while ago, all upset, saying his little cocker spaniel was dying....he said the dog couldn't raise his head, and his head was tilted to one side, and was crawling in circles on the floor.

I asked if he had put out any mouse or rat poison, and he said the Terminix man had treated his house, earlier in the day.

Hearing that, I told him that if it was Sandy, I'd be on the phone, and wake up the vet for an emergency call, no matter what time of night, it might be.

He called, and the vet said he'd meet him at his clinic....I told him to call me, and give me an update, and tell me what the vet's diagnosis was.

About an hour later, he was back home, and the pup was just fine....he said the vet charged him $150 bucks for a snip with his scissors....I said WTF are you talking about???

He said the dog had gotten a piece of nylon twine wrapped around his collar, then got it wound under his front shoulder, then around his lower jaw from trying to gnaw at the twine... evidently, the more the dog struggled, the tighter the string got, so the dog couldn't raise his head, and his head was tilted to one side, and in an effort to free himself, he was crawling around on the floor in circles.

He said the vet snipped the twine with his scissors, and charged him $150 for the emergency call.

I asked him if he saw the twine, to which he promptly reminded me, "I ain't got but one eyeball."

Arty
12-04-2015, 05:12 AM
That sounds more like a joke than a real story. I bet the Vet was like "what the hell?!"

Next time he calls you about his dog just tell him you have a pair of rusty scissors that you'll sell him for $75 and you'll only charge $25 to deliver them.

He'll still come out ahead.

Big Muddy
12-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Absolutely true story, Len....you'd hafta know this guy to appreciate his lack of common sense....100% city boy ....oh yeah, btw, he's a college math professor....what other type guy would own a cocker spaniel??? ;)

Captain
12-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Some people should not be allowed to multiply.

Buckrub
12-04-2015, 10:00 AM
We raised and sold red cocker spaniels for years.

Big Skyz
12-04-2015, 10:00 AM
I agree the alarming problem is that he owns a cocker spaniel. Sheesh! That is wrong on every level.

Big Muddy
12-04-2015, 10:47 AM
We raised and sold red cocker spaniels for years.

Uhhhhh, weren't you a math teacher, too. ;););)

Buckrub
12-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Yes.

Big Skyz
12-04-2015, 11:43 AM
It's all starting to make sense... :D :D :D

Big Muddy
12-04-2015, 11:48 AM
BAM!!!!....I was waiting on that from someone, Sky. ;););)

(it's all in jest, Bucky)

Thumper
12-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Absolutely true story, Len....you'd hafta know this guy to appreciate his lack of common sense....100% city boy ....oh yeah, btw, he's a college math professor....what other type guy would own a cocker spaniel??? ;)

Where's Len??? ;)

Arty
12-04-2015, 01:37 PM
Where's Len??? ;) striper fishin

Arty
12-04-2015, 01:39 PM
We raised and sold red cocker spaniels for years. best dog I ever had in my life was when I was a young teenager.
A yellow cocker spaniel. Went by the name of Winchester.

Old bastard farmer down the road shot him in the gut with a .22 cause he ran threw his cow field.

Thumper
12-04-2015, 03:13 PM
striper fishin

Ha! I think you missed my smart-ass point. ;)

Arty
12-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Ha! I think you missed my smart-ass point. ;)
Excuse me....
The grandnoticer posty gave me a junior badge a while back.
I noticed. I was attempting to be funny... Cause he actually IS striper fishin

Thumper
12-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Oh, I didn't know you noticed and didn't notice that you were being funny. ;)

Arty
12-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Oh, I didn't know you noticed and didn't notice that you were being funny. ;) your noticin' badge should be ripped from your shirt for that kinda shit

Thumper
12-04-2015, 03:50 PM
I've been busy with estate sales all day and have been noticin' other stuff!