PDA

View Full Version : vent free gas wall heaters

airbud7
12-06-2015, 01:39 PM
vent free gas wall heaters

any you fellers got or ever used one? I got a 18x20 well insulated room(future mancave?:cool:)...are these heaters good enough?

edit:...gonna use a 100 lb. propane bottle to run it

Arty
12-06-2015, 02:14 PM
My brother has one and it works well in his studio.

Check the BTU's on the unit and make sure it's big enough and you should be fine

http://www.calculator.net/btu-calculator.html

airbud7
12-06-2015, 02:35 PM
hey thanks Arty...thats a cool btu calculator site.

Big Muddy
12-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Abud, I had one of the larger btu models that I no longer needed, and I gave it to an old guy and his wife who are fishing fanatics....they installed it in their fish house on an oxbow lake....fish houses down here are like those up north, except they are installed on floats over open water, instead of ice.
Theirs is about 24'x16' with an 8' ceiling, and it's hooked up to a 100# bottle, also....they fish year around, and say the heater works great, even in the dead of winter.

Thumper
12-07-2015, 09:59 AM
I have no clue about this sort of stuff as we don't "do" heaters around here. ;)

I'm sure I could study up on the net, but figured I'd ask here anydamnway. How does a "ventless" gas heater work? It seems (to me) like an non-vented heater would kill ya'! :confused:

BarryBobPosthole
12-07-2015, 11:33 AM
My parents, both of whom are in their late 70s, have a heater like that in their kitchen, which like most SE Oklahoma homes is the center of activity in the house. As they've gotten older, the temp has gone up in that room to the point I spend as much time on the porch as I do in the house when I visit.

The heater works good though!

BKB