PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Plans

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Been a long time since we had a weekend plans thread.

I just finished picking up all my leaves and hauling them off. And we had a frigging bumper crop of leaves this year! And everything else it seems. Yep, us city folk have to pick up our leaves. I have sixty or so mature trees on my lot so its a big job. Five pickup loads of leaves smashed in the bed like a bale.

So I said that to say this. I ain't doing shit this weekend. Watch some basketball, work on some Christmas lights, watch Army-Navy, and maybe do some reading.

Boring old man shit.

BKB

and ps....We had a big pecan crop but probably 75% of them have worm holes in them. Thse are native trees. Do you guys use anything to control those? I don't remember it being as bad as this before. And the trees made some big fat pecans this year too. Come to think of it, thats prolly what made the worm problem worse. The culprit is a little yellowish grub you can find in the meat. The hole is prolly 1/32 or so.

Captain
12-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Working at BP today till 9 tonight. In other words having some relax fun time.
Guns are selling like water. I've NEVER seen anything like it. Hundreds a day.
Then going to relax tomorrow and rest for a long upcoming week of farm work.
All is good in my world.

Thumper
12-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Recovering from Lynn's company Christmas party last night. Got's ta' leave in about 15 minutes to take a friend to the Orlando Airport, then Lynn and I will kick around in Orlando the rest of the day, have a nice early dinner, then head home. While in town, we'll stop by the furrier and pick up a 3/4 length mink jacket we've had in cold storage since 19-frigging-89! When the "F" are you gonna wear a mink in Florida? I gave it to her for Christmas one year in L.A., but I had a respectable job back then where we attended many formal functions, classy, Beverly Hills/Hollywood type parties, etc. ... back in the days when the parties would be at bazillion $$$ mansions and in every bathroom there were mirrors on the counter with lines of coke spread out for the guests to imbibe. It was a bit of a "downgrade" moving to Florida and becoming a pressure-washer guy. :)

Anyway, I have no clue what to do with the mink, but at $60/year storage for the past 27 frigging years, we could have thrown it away and bought a dang new one! Oh well ...

No clue what I'll do tomorrow ... prolly take some pics of junk and make some eBay listings. December is a good sales month, so I need to take advantage of the year-end rush.

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2015, 12:48 PM
I'd make myself a pair of drawers out of it. Then I'd be stylin.

BKB

Thumper
12-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Ha! Now that I think about it, I think it was a fox stole. (?) It's been so long I don't even remember. Russian Sable Blue Fox stole or sumpin' like that?? Heck, I don't know. I guess we'll find out once I get it out of hock. Later, gotta run!

Big Muddy
12-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Headed to the Masonic Lodge in Greenville, MS for a Master's Degree put on by the Confederate Masonic Degree Team.
Great degree and great food !!!!!

Captain
12-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Headed to the Masonic Lodge in Greenville, MS for a Master's Degree put on by the Confederate Masonic Degree Team. Great degree and great food !!!!!

That I would like to see.

airbud7
12-12-2015, 02:45 PM
refinishing hardwood floors...half day again tomorrow then gonna watch the Panthers beat the shit outta the Falcons...

Big Muddy
12-12-2015, 04:54 PM
That I would like to see.

Cap, this is the first time I've seen this group put on a degree....that's the reason I left the deer woods early today, just to see them.

Don't ever miss the chance to see them, if you have a team come to your area....they are the real deal, from their sabres, pistols, and rifles, to their uniforms and medals.

And, they were articulate, and knew their stuff, too....ifyaknowwhatimeanandiknowyoudo.

Captain
12-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Take some pictures for me. ;) ;) ;) :D

Chicken Dinner
12-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Basically, Christmas prep slave this weekend sandwiched between an indoor soccer match for Matt tonight and coaching a basketball game tomorrow for Adam tomorrow afternoon. I did get into the brown liquor pretty good last night with a neighbor. (Four Roses single barrel - two thumbs up!). So, that's got me moving a little slow today.

johnboy
12-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Fixing my fence that the friggen wind is blowing down. :pissed Sure wish this shit would stop.

Arty
12-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Sweated my ass off today puttin up Christmas lights today.

Cold suds and a movie with the family tonight.

Tomorrow morning is church.... Then headed to the beach. Gonna be 77 here again tomorrow. May even bring my fishing poles.

Chicken Dinner
12-12-2015, 08:33 PM
I couldn't stand to put lights in this one today...

HideHunter
12-14-2015, 11:25 AM
Cut up 6 deer Saturday (4 of us) and 2 more by myself yesterday.. Still have about 10 days left on my L/T license.. Trying to decide if I needed more meat. ;)

LJ3
12-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Company party on Friday, last wedding of the year on Saturday. Christmas slave on Sunday. Getting some rest at work now!