PDA

View Full Version : Showing my age ...

Thumper
12-13-2015, 11:57 AM
I remember one time I had my son in the car with me (he was about 10-12 at the time) and an oldie-goldie started playing on the radio. I turned the volume up a bit and mentioned to him that was one of the very first records I bought when I was a kid. He gave me a blank stare and said, "What's a record?"

Well, yesterday I was talking to a friend's daughter (in her late 20's) and she was talking about the fact she and her husband were contemplating buying their first house. I mentioned one I'd been in during a recent estate sale and told her it was a really neat house and would be hitting the market pretty soon. I then went on to describe the amenities I remembered. One of those was "like new" wall-to-wall carpeting. I immediately saw the same dumbfounded look on her face as my son's when I mentioned a "record". Anyway, she had that blank look, then asked, "As opposed to throw rugs?"

Ha! She had no clue why I used a goofy term like "wall-to-wall" ... like how else would they install it? :crazy

BarryBobPosthole
12-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Wall to wall carpets used to mean you were shittin' in tall cotton!

BKB

Captain
12-13-2015, 01:00 PM
These young girls don't like much carpet. Most like no carpet at all and some just a little strip down the middle. :D

BarryBobPosthole
12-13-2015, 01:39 PM
Oh, you're talkin' 70s carpet!

BKB

Thumper
12-13-2015, 02:06 PM
I like that imported kind .... Brazilian. ;)

airbud7
12-13-2015, 04:40 PM
These young girls just a little strip down the middle. :D

:D

Nandy
12-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Y'awl sick.... but correct!!!! lol!