PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

LJ3
12-14-2015, 04:32 PM
It's funny how our perspective of Christmas changes as we get older. With one kid in college, one Sr and one Jr in high school I'm just elated to have a few days where they'll be around, everyone together. Those early years get by you pretty damn quickly, that's for sure. Pretty sure in a few years I'll be channeling my Mother 100% during the holidays. "All I want for Christmas is for the whole family to be together"

airbud7
12-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Good stuff LJ^...my son (jr) just got his masters degree...time flies by the older we get...Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Thumper
12-14-2015, 04:43 PM
Stop it! I'm drowning in mush! ;)

My only kid is going on 34 years old and lives in Ohio. We don't even decorate anymore .... haven't in years. We were planning to hit the beach on Christmas weekend, but couldn't get a reservation. Gonna go this weekend instead. Just gonna spend Christmas at a friend's place and stuff our pie-holes all day. I have to play Santa at their Christmas Eve party for all the grandkids, etc.

Bah Humbug! :pissed

airbud7
12-14-2015, 05:11 PM
I love LJ3's tag line.....>"If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back"

How I get/make my own?

BarryBobPosthole
12-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Just wait till here's inlaws and outlaws!

We're gonna have all four for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year for he first time in a while. I predict a party might break out.

BKB

Buckrub
12-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Little do you know yet.

I have to drive 2,000 miles, on Xmas eve yet, to get 2/3 of my dysfunctional family together.....in Georgia of all places....for Xmas. I already have plans to kill one of them and maim others.

The little guy.....him I miss badly.

Oh, and spend $3,000.

Grinch was an optimist.

airbud7
12-14-2015, 07:00 PM
Wow Bucky^,,,You a good feller/good folk at heart...you a simple good guy, Cool!

jb
12-14-2015, 07:04 PM
Hard to beat all 3 kids and 7 grand kids live withing 5 miles of us.
Pretty much a tradition to have Christmas at our house, starts late morning after they celebrate Christmas at each of their homes, then come over for a big dinner and gifts.
8 adults and 7 grand kids fill up our house wall to wall.

airbud7
12-14-2015, 07:17 PM
hahaha jb^ thats what Im talking about...Christmas is family stuff and yet you do the SA stuff to.....never met you but...... you got a heart of gold brother.

Captain
12-14-2015, 07:33 PM
I have not been given the itinerary yet but I'll keep Christmas Eve and Christmas Day both open and will go in the direction I'm pointed.
All I know for sure is my Daughter and SIL are coming in a couple days before Christmas to be with us through the season. My Son in Law has accepted a position as a professor at Georgia Southern and they will be moving and perhaps buying a home there this spring. All I need is for them to get a place as close to Savannah as possible. :D
I'm sure the rest of the family will be asking them 100 questions...
Love this time of year.
And thankful to be friends with all you dufes....

airbud7
12-14-2015, 07:43 PM
Professor at Georgia Southern as a SIL............wtf,,,,,,,,,,My Daughter be dating a thug?/with good weed!....

J/K.......

Edit: Not...he really do got good weed.

Thumper
12-14-2015, 08:49 PM
Professor at Georgia Southern as a SIL............wtf,,,,,,,,,,My Daughter be dating a thug?/with good weed!....

J/K.......

Edit: Not...he really do got good weed.

Man! Did you ever lose me with that one! WTF did you just say? Or is it me?

Second thought ... would you just quit bogartin' and share a bit of that weed? ;)

airbud7
12-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Man! Did you ever lose me with that one! WTF did you just say? Or is it me?

Second thought ... would you just quit bogartin' and share a bit of that weed? ;)

hahaha thump...I cant type worth a shit but yea....all that^

Buckrub
12-14-2015, 09:57 PM
I have not been given the itinerary yet but I'll keep Christmas Eve and Christmas Day both open and will go in the direction I'm pointed.
All I know for sure is my Daughter and SIL are coming in a couple days before Christmas to be with us through the season. My Son in Law has accepted a position as a professor at Georgia Southern and they will be moving and perhaps buying a home there this spring. All I need is for them to get a place as close to Savannah as possible. :D
I'm sure the rest of the family will be asking them 100 questions...
Love this time of year.
And thankful to be friends with all you dufes....

A year ago, "I" had a house there "I " woulda sold em cheap. Cost me a fortune.