PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's debates.

Thumper
12-15-2015, 06:26 PM
I haven't missed one yet, so I'll be watching again tonight. I swear, I have absolutely no clue how I'm going to vote ... other than Republican. The longer the campaigning goes on, the more I realize I'll be doing the same I've done in every election since I voted for Reagan. He was the last candidate I voted for whom I actually WANTED to be President. EVERY election since then, I've only voted "against" the Democratic candidate. I have no clue who I'll be voting for in the next election, but I can guarandamntee you, I'll be voting AGAINST Hillary ... that is, IF she's not in jail ... which, unfortunately, will be highly unlikely. :(

Buckrub
12-15-2015, 09:47 PM
I've been in a debate. This is not a debate. I can't watch. Just cant.

They're watching it here at camp......they eat it up. I came back to my little hole of a bedroom to surf the Web on my phone and eat sugar cookies.

In 11 months, everything will change drastically.

Captain
12-15-2015, 10:20 PM
Watching the debate is a 100% waste of my time. I already know how (but not who) I'm gonna vote for. And nothing they say will change my mind. Whichever one of them comes out of the primary will get my vote.

BarryBobPosthole
12-15-2015, 10:22 PM
I'm glad y'all finally came around to my way of thinking.

And y'all used to argue with me for being a straight ticket voter.

BKB

Captain
12-15-2015, 10:25 PM
I'm not, nor have I ever been a straight ticket voter. I have voted for some democrats in local elections and a couple in the state level in my time. But I have NEVER voted democratic in a national office and never will.

Chicken Dinner
12-15-2015, 10:25 PM
I think I'm glad I was out coaching basketball. The only thing I know is that I'm not voting for either Clinton or Trump. It's wide open other than that.

Thumper
12-16-2015, 12:48 AM
Well, I sat all the way through it. It'll be interesting to see what the polls will say now. I think Trump pretty much crashed and burned and was totally out-classed tonight. I knew it was coming, I just kept wondering when. Of course, if the polls go the way they usually do with him, he'll actually GAIN. I don't get it. I'm starting to wonder if the Republican contingent who bolster the Trump polls lately are the Conservative equivalent to the Liberals who voted Obama into office?

Problem is, I'm STILL clueless as to whom I'll be voting for. To be honest, I've never put much stock in Lindsey Graham before, but he kind of impressed me tonight. To me, I think maybe Cruz won the most brownie points, IMHO. I still don't like "everything" about ANY of them.

airbud7
12-16-2015, 08:34 AM
If trump runs as independent then its a shoo-in for Hillary.

Thumper
12-16-2015, 09:10 AM
If trump runs as independent then its a shoo-in for Hillary.

He was cornered with that question last night. He pledged allegiance to the party and vowed to stick with the Republican ticket to the end, no matter what. Who knows? If he does jump ship, he'll be known as a liar. Then again, being a liar doesn't ever seem to hurt a politician (and he IS an official politician now). We'll see.

Thumper
12-16-2015, 09:16 AM
I will say CNN launched a major "Trash Trump" campaign last night and it was ridiculously obvious. In the whole pre-debate lead-in, all the talking heads did was trash Trump. Once the debate started, for the first 15 mins. or so, EVERY question that was thrown out to the other candidates started with something along the lines of ....

"Mr. Trump stated that he'd ......".

"What do YOU think of his statements?"

Then the candidate who was asked would have his/her opening to "trash Trump". It was so blatantly obvious, it was almost sickening. Then, once Trump came out on stage, the first thing he did was to trash the moderators for it. Personally, I think he was spot on and they deserved it.

Fido
12-16-2015, 09:27 AM
Carly always seems toooo impress me, she comes back when a question is asked and is spot on with her answer.

BarryBobPosthole
12-16-2015, 10:15 AM
Carly Fiorina can suck my dick. She's buddies with Michael Capellas whom I met several times at Worldcom. Capellas came from HP to 'save the company' after Bernie but all he did was clean it up to sell to Verizon which was the plan all along. She comes from the same corporate mentality where the people who work there are on the expense side of the page instead of the asset side. Her answers were so obviously trite and rehearsed and her little digs were timed perfectly.

Overall, there were times i was wondering if it wasn't intentionally set up to help the slicky boy Rubio. Seriously, the way the rules were set up where anyone attacked got 30 seconds to respond, the number of times they quite senselessly attacked Rubio gave him the lion's share of the speaking time. Its like they played right into his greasy hands.
Kasich didn't get enough time to present his stuff. He's still the only one on that stage I'd consider. Paul is a distant second.
And Chris Christie ought to be slapped, as should Ted Cruz.

Trump will probably rise in the polls. And I too thought it was all also set up to show Trump is a clown show. But it kind of backfired, as I thought he did quite well articulating what his platform really is and that's playing to the frustrations of the voters with the current crowd we got in there now.

Carson was, is, and will always be a boob. He was a facebook sensation and that's all he ever will be be.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Tell us how you really feel and don't hold back.

Thumper
12-16-2015, 11:03 AM
I'm with Trump on Carly ... that face would stop a clock! :hair

Captain
12-16-2015, 11:21 AM
I'm with Trump on Carly ... that face would stop a clock! :hair

You'd hit it... :D

Thumper
12-16-2015, 12:22 PM
maybe

BarryBobPosthole
12-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Tell us how you really feel and don't hold back.

I actually was holding back. Modern politics is so perverted I hardly recognize it. Imagine what would have happened when we were at war with the Axis powers and we had political leaders saying publically that our president was a feckless coward. You think that would have held water? We seem to have forgotten the fundamental truth that it is America as a nation that is at war and we will support our leaders in that effort no matter who is in the White House or Congress. Now we have Republican 'leaders' unanimously saying on national TV that only they can lead us to a victory and that if they aren't elected we are doomed to lose. I imagine ISIS and the rest of our enemies enjoyed that debate immensely.
And we think that because here at home we have no skin in the game when we're at 'war' unless we just happen to have family directly in it.

And our beloved Congress, led by so called conservatives, just passed a budget that puts us even further in the deficit hole. But they got their favorite shit included in the bill! That's all that matters. They are a disgrace. All of 'em.
BKB

HideHunter
12-16-2015, 03:56 PM
. They are a disgrace. All of 'em.
BKB

Totally agree.. as long as you are talking about *both* sides...

BarryBobPosthole
12-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Yup!

BKB

Captain
12-16-2015, 05:10 PM
The difference between then and now is that we didn't have a coward in the white house then, and now it's no secret that we do. So speaking it publicly ain't giving no secrets away.

BarryBobPosthole
12-16-2015, 05:30 PM
That's your opinion but it ain't mine. And we don't have a coward in the White House just because he won't send us to war every goddamned chance he gets. And its fine for you and I to say so if we want, but that stuff ought to not be said publically on that kind of stage.

BKB

Thumper
12-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Actually, I find it kind of refreshing to have a Presidential candidate telling ISIS point blank, "Fuck with us while I'm in office and we will KILL you!"

It'll be nice to have a set of balls back in the White House ... it's been a while.

Captain
12-16-2015, 08:06 PM
That's your opinion but it ain't mine. And we don't have a coward in the White House just because he won't send us to war every goddamned chance he gets. And its fine for you and I to say so if we want, but that stuff ought to not be said publically on that kind of stage. BKB

But it was OK for OBummer to keep talking about how everything was Bush's fault and play him off as wrong/dumb.... Etc.

airbud7
12-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Popcorn time!...what say you Barry/thumper?....J/K...

Edit: :stirthepot

BarryBobPosthole
12-16-2015, 08:45 PM
Haha, it don't matter, Airbud. None of us is going to change our mind.

BKB

LJ3
12-17-2015, 10:22 AM
But we've all managed to get one another to consider perspectives other than our own from time to time.

Ah, fuggit. Who am I kiddin'!