PDA

View Full Version : Apple tree spray

BarryBobPosthole
12-16-2015, 05:34 PM
My apple trees have some sort of big old spald on the big limbs and trunks, and I mean big about two inches across. So I don't think its the wasps that usually cause that sort of thing. Our apples this year were doing pretty well until someone came along while we were gone one day and picked every one of them.

Who knows what kind of spray I ought to use on these? Spray or systemic?
I also noticed the peckerwoods have been drilling holes in the trunks so there must be some sort of insect they have in under the bark.

BKB

Thumper
12-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Someone stole your frigging apples??? And your fishing stuff? And your guns? You need to get out of that low-rent neighborhood! :D

BarryBobPosthole
12-16-2015, 08:21 PM
Ain't it the truth. Its an Okie thing I guess. We had a big ice storm several years ago and I paid a guy with a bucket truck to come in and trim the busted limbs on the tallest trees and did the rest myself. I'd cut it all up into about three ricks of wood and left it in my yard for a day until I could get my wheelbarrow a rest (!) and looked out my front window and there's some fucker loading it in his truck. I went out and asked the guy what in the hell he was dong and his answer was "Everyone knows in an ice storm people just pile up wood in their yards and people will come by and pick it up." That's the mentality. Just make shit up and pretend like everyone else knows it. Funny that he only took the pecan. I'm sure the person who took my apples felt like he was doing me a favor too. I wish it weren't so, but it is. We got some white fucking trash in this state and that includes all liars and theives.

BKB

Thumper
12-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Well, I've been to your house and there ain't nuttin' "low-rent" about it! Nice digs. You just can't get away from some crap.

BarryBobPosthole
12-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Teenagers are typically too lazy to steal stuff like apples. That, I'm sure was done by a neighbor. OTOH, the pilfering around here is mostly done by young white dudes looking for money to buy whatever it is they're getting high on at the time.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-16-2015, 11:07 PM
Tweakers. That meth shit is the white man's crack.