PDA

View Full Version : The Force Awakens...

Chicken Dinner
12-18-2015, 09:55 AM
Anybody going? The early reviews are raving over it and say it makes up for the hideous prequels. My oldest is going to night and the rest of the family has tickets for Monday. Can't wait.

Arty
12-18-2015, 10:22 AM
What you talkin bout Willis?

DeputyDog
12-18-2015, 10:39 AM
Planning on going this weekend. My son is super excited about it. He's about the same age I was when the original came out.

The cool thing is, he gives me a good excuse to go see it. Not that I really needed one, but having a kid to take somehow makes me less of a Star Wars nerd. ;)

Chicken Dinner
12-18-2015, 10:44 AM
Seriously?

Anybody going? The early reviews are raving over it and say it makes up for the hideous prequels. My oldest is going to night and the rest of the family has tickets for Monday. Can't wait.

DeputyDog
12-18-2015, 10:45 AM
While we're talking about Star Wars, a funny thing happened the other day. I had to do something for the Knights of Columbus, and needed to get an address for a church called St. Anthony of Padua. I used Siri, and she didn't recognize Padua and kept changing it to St. Anthony of Padawan. Last time I checked, the Catholic Church hadn't included Jedi teachings into its doctrines. ;)

Chicken Dinner
12-18-2015, 10:45 AM
Your inner geekdom, embrace.

Planning on going this weekend. My son is super excited about it. He's about the same age I was when the original came out.

The cool thing is, he gives me a good excuse to go see it. Not that I really needed one, but having a kid to take somehow makes me less of a Star Wars nerd. ;)

DeputyDog
12-18-2015, 10:46 AM
Apparently Arty has been living under a rock for the past couple of years.

Arty
12-18-2015, 10:48 AM
I have never seen even 5 minutes of a Star Trek or Star Wars movie.

I couldn't even tell you the difference in the two.

LJ3
12-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Dude... you're like... Nerd anti-matter or some shit like that.

Cards01
12-18-2015, 11:42 AM
I have never seen even 5 minutes of a Star Trek or Star Wars movie.

I couldn't even tell you the difference in the two.

I am with you

HideHunter
12-18-2015, 11:45 AM
I'll save you a little time - they throw the ring in a volcano. You're welcome.

jb
12-18-2015, 01:08 PM
My three sons are taking me to dinner and then the movie.
Payback for me taking them to see every episode over the past 28 years.

BarryBobPosthole
12-18-2015, 01:56 PM
Right after I outprocessed from the Air Force I loaded my shit up in a uhaul and moved to Dallas. When 'The Empire Strkes Back' came out, I took my twelve year old sister to see it and we stood in line for hours to get in. This year, she wanted her big brother to take her to see this one. So this weekend I'm gonna go take her to see this one, and prolly stand in line for hours. There ain't much I wouldn't put up with for that one.

BKB

quercus alba
12-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Star Wars was alright but nothing worth standing in line for

HideHunter
12-18-2015, 03:43 PM
I'll wait for the book..

Captain
12-18-2015, 04:02 PM
I'll wait for the DVD. Probably will watch it but it ain't worth going somewhere to watch. I cannot remember the last movie I want to see?

Buckrub
12-18-2015, 05:58 PM
If it's showing in Savannah I might go.......alone......:)....or take Gordon. What's it rated?

DeputyDog
12-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Its either PG or PG-13

Nandy
12-18-2015, 08:55 PM
I'll save you a little time - they throw the ring in a volcano. You're welcome.

That was just beautiful!!! lol!!!
Im planning on going sunday.

DeputyDog
12-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Went earlier today with my son and father-in-law. Really liked it. Hell of a lot better than the prequels and looked and felt a lot like the original movies. My son told me several times how awesome he thought it was and how much he loved it. Kind of a shocker but I won't give away any spoilers.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2015, 10:57 PM
DD I thought the very same thing. The original two movies are really the only ones I thought were much punk. I'd read a couple of the Star Wars novels about the Clone Wars and the movies just couldn't hold much water I thought. This one is so good I am planning to take my wife to see it in 3D IMAX right adter Christmas. That's when we'll celebrate our 18th anniversary, which was actually today. But that's what you do when you're a deadbeat and your old lady works in retail.

Anyway, its an awesome space opera. No heavy thinking required. Just sit. back and enjoy the ride. And try to act surprised when He throws the ring in the.....oops sorry.

BKB

Thumper
12-20-2015, 11:27 PM
I've been kinda avoiding this thread because I assume I'm one of the 12 or 13 people on earth who hasn't watched so much as ONE Star Wars movie. I had a lot going on when the first one came out and was trying to start a new career after returning from the military. I remember years later my dad decided I needed to broaden my horizons and get caught up, so he rented the (I think?) Trilogy. (?) To be honest, I just couldn't get into it and didn't make it through the first movie. I guess it just wasn't my "thing" and to this day I have yet to watch one of them. I really have no desire to see the new one because I have no clue what Star Wars is all about anyway and feel I'd be lost without seeing any of the previous films. So, I suppose I'll go to my grave never seeing so much as one Star Wars movie and ... oddly ... I have no desire at all to see one.

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2015, 11:36 PM
I've been kinda avoiding this thread because I assume I'm one of the 12 or 13 people on earth who hasn't watched so much as ONE Star Wars movie. I had a lot going on when the first one came out and was trying to start a new career after returning from the military. I remember years later my dad decided I needed to broaden my horizons and get caught up, so he rented the (I think?) Trilogy. (?) To be honest, I just couldn't get into it and didn't make it through the first movie. I guess it just wasn't my "thing" and to this day I have yet to watch one of them. I really have no desire to see the new one because I have no clue what Star Wars is all about anyway and feel I'd be lost without seeing any of the previous films. So, I suppose I'll go to my grave never seeing so much as one Star Wars movie and ... oddly ... I have no desire at all to see one.

You haven't seen Star Wars but you have eaten chum. That's something I guess.

BKB

Thumper
12-21-2015, 12:06 AM
One can live without watching a movie ... but one MUST eat! ;)

airbud7
12-21-2015, 01:52 AM
haven't seen it yet hahaha!

[BB Code] Spoiler Tag no work?

Chicken Dinner
12-21-2015, 08:23 AM
Going tonight with my younger boy and a group of his friends. I'm not sure why, but I'm really looking forward to it.

HideHunter
12-21-2015, 10:07 AM
I'm big into it. I've always been a William Shatner fan... ;).. Okay, I think I've seen the three originals.. Not in a theater, but I'm sure we had tapes around. I know I've never seen the prequels..

LJ3
12-21-2015, 10:54 AM
You haven't seen Star Wars but you have eaten chum. That's something I guess.

BKB

You make an excellent point, BBP.

Thumper
12-21-2015, 11:18 AM
haven't seen it yet hahaha!

[BB Code] Spoiler Tag no work?

I guess we're a bit technically challenged around here A/B. ;)

Oh, and youse other dufes can Bite Me!

Chicken Dinner
12-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Two thumbs up! 👍👍

Quite a few parallels to Episode IV (the first movie for you heathens). But, it's great to see the franchise refreshed for a new generation.