PDA

View Full Version : Somebody needs to 'splain this to me

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2015, 09:20 PM
The repugnicans in Oklahoma are doing handstands over the oil export embargo being lifted. They're even using the words 'oil boom'. Now the way I understand things is there is an oil glut on the world wide market. Sure, Oklahoma oil trades below the world price but not by much. Won't adding the US supply to the world market drive prices even lower? Me no understand.
And since Oklahoma crude will now be sold at the higher international price now at domestic refineries won't that drive gasoline prices up? The Repugnicans are also saying thos won't happen.
Me no understandy.
BKB

http://www.newson6.com/story/30790320/oil-likely-to-boom-as-40-year-exporting-ban-lifted-ok-experts-say

Captain
12-19-2015, 09:25 PM
Don't feel bad about not understanding the situation, Hell I don't even understand your explanation! :D

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2015, 09:30 PM
I think it might boil down to believing 'experts'.

I don't trust any of 'em.

BKB

Thumper
12-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Well here's what needs 'splainin' to ME.

"We have worked for a couple years now, trying to make this make sense to the policy makers, to understand how silly it is that we’re stockpiling oil that we’re producing and we can’t sell it," he said.

As oil production gets more sophisticated, oil production in American and Oklahoma thrives. Being able to, one day soon, compete with Russia and Saudi Arabia on a world market, Simmons expects to see a boost to the U.S. and Oklahoma economy.

MY question is .... if our goal is to become oil independent, why do we EXPORT oil, while still IMPORTING oil? And why are we stockpiling oil, yet still importing oil? WTF??

Captain
12-19-2015, 10:13 PM
Well here's what needs 'splainin' to ME. MY question is .... if our goal is to become oil independent, why do we EXPORT oil, while still IMPORTING oil? And why are we stockpiling oil, yet still importing oil? WTF??

Now I can understand those questions and I certainly don't have an answer for that. It sure don't make sense.