PDA

View Full Version : Newest Solicitations

BarryBobPosthole
12-21-2015, 02:17 PM
The marketing machine is in full swing! It seems like I can have a discussion with Julie about something in person and the next thing you know I'm getting email solcitations about it. Its prolly not that sophisticated but I damn sure get stuff thats based on sites and products I've seen on line. And its damned accurate too! And scary.
Today I got a phone call sayng they'd seen where I had inquired about social security disability benefits and they's be pleased as punch to help me apply. Could almost guarantee it. Amazing. No wonder we're so fucked up. And all I can remember is I did look at some websites for SSI disability statistics, including the .gov ones. Or maybe my ipad is sending out curmudgeon cookies.

Anyway, its amazing and scary how the innerwebs knows our skin and bones as well as it does.

BKB

airbud7
12-21-2015, 02:39 PM
I clicked on recommended sites for me and they said......Goodhunting Outdoors!

LJ3
12-21-2015, 02:41 PM
You can thanks Akamai technologies and google. Always thank google. And baby Jesus.

Thumper
12-21-2015, 03:24 PM
When I buy a POS to ... I mean, a quality item to sell on eBay, the first thing I do is research it to see what it's selling for. Then the offers come rolling in saying they know I'm looking for one ... how 'bout THIS one for only $49.95? Interested? Arrrggghhh!

Nandy
12-21-2015, 05:40 PM
There are a few add ons that kills tracking cookies, I have never tried them myself. I ignore all advertising anyway.

Thumper
12-21-2015, 06:13 PM
I ignore all advertising anyway.

I do also, but I get sick and tired of receiving it and having to go to the effort to delete it. It's ALMOST as aggravating as donating $25 to the NRA, then having them turn around and spend $100 sending me tons of junk mail asking me to donate more $$$! DOUBLE ARRRRGGGGHHH!