PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and vibes needed.

Arty
12-22-2015, 11:23 PM
THe matriarch of my wife's family... "Mamaw" (my mil's mom) is 95. Took a turn for the worse just 3 days ago... And now hospice has been called.

We had all planned for weeks to go visit her tomorrow. We likely will not be seeing her.

Wife is all torn up. We're 4 hours away and obligations here keep us from leaving until early tomorrow morning

Just pray, for my wife's sake that she hangs on long enough for us to get there tomorrow. Mamaw will have no idea who we are, but it's important to my wife.

95.... Hard to say she got a bad deal.

Lived a very full and happy life.

Being at the holidays isn't making it any better.

Chicken Dinner
12-22-2015, 11:25 PM
You've got it, my friend.

Captain
12-22-2015, 11:32 PM
You got it friend. Sorry y'all are having this situation during the holidays

BarryBobPosthole
12-22-2015, 11:32 PM
Sure thing.

BKB

Nandy
12-22-2015, 11:35 PM
ohh, man, this has to be so hard on her and you, will be in my prayers.

Arty
12-22-2015, 11:47 PM
And just like that... Literally 5 minutes after this post. We got the phone call.

95 is nothing to shake a stick at.

My wife's currently telling stories about her to the kids. She's OK

Thanks for continued prayers.

Captain
12-22-2015, 11:50 PM
Tough duty man. We will keep your family in mind. Sorry for your loss.

Nandy
12-22-2015, 11:57 PM
so sorry to hear that, I got a chance to say good bye to my grandfather on my mom side but not to the others.... I have been where she is, telling kids the story is probably the best therapy, believe me.

Thumper
12-23-2015, 12:06 AM
So sorry to hear this Arty. My best to the wife and family.

DeputyDog
12-23-2015, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear this. It's always tough to lose someone especially this close to the holidays. Pass in my condolences to your wife and family.

My wife lost her Grandma earlier this year and she was 101. It's amazing to think about the events in the world that they lived through and how much has changed.

Buckrub
12-23-2015, 11:08 AM
Tough time for this to happen. Sounds like an uptick for a while.......that's good.

Best wishes for the best thing that could happen. Just is never easy.

Tell her some internet idiots said Merry Christmas to her......and to all y'all.

LJ3
12-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Please give your wife a hug for me. As much death as I've seen this year I have observed that the only effective salve for these wounds is a big ole hug and telling you that you love them. Everything else is words or things they can't see or feel and can't really penetrate the sadness.

A hug and an "I love you" hit right where they're needed.

Hombre
12-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Arty - Very sorry for your loss. It's a tough time of year. I completely agree 95 is a great life and tough to say a bad deal. As you know I recently went through this too. It's very sad for those of us that will miss a loved one but, I think, also very important to celebrate the influence they were able to have on our life, and the time we were gifted with them.

Arty
12-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Thanks everybody.
Everyone seems to be handling it pretty well.

Bwana
12-23-2015, 04:07 PM
So sorry for your loss but I know what you are going through. I lost my grandma this past April at the ripe old age of 97. Though she lived a good, long life it is still very hard to see them go.

Prayers for all involved.

Arty
12-24-2015, 08:55 PM
Hopefully you can zoom in to read this. I just think it's awesome. My wife and her family are going through small mementos of her grandmothers tonight. One envelope, barely in one piece, contained this. Back story.... Frank was (I guess) at boot camp headed overseas during WW2. Jessie (my wife's grandmother ) worked as a secretary for the War Department. She typed this letter to him. I just think it's awesome. They had been married about 6 months prior to the date of this letter.

Captain
12-24-2015, 09:56 PM
Pretty cool Arty, and even cooler they kept it all these years.

Buckrub
12-24-2015, 10:47 PM
Just uber cool

Nandy
12-24-2015, 10:48 PM
Wow, a real treasure!