PDA

View Full Version : Tornados, Me, and Mississipi

Buckrub
12-23-2015, 07:19 PM
Tornadoes going through MS.........just hit Holly Springs (this is all north of Ed some). I'll be going through there tomorrow morning about......um.....11:00 a.m. or so.

Tupelo/New Albany got hit April 2014. I had left there about 8 minutes before, actually got sidetracked and 'hunkered down' in the truck at the New Albany hospital before it passed. Serious ugly stuff.

Hope it blows all the way to the Bahamas before noon tomorrow..........hate to chase this crap all the way to Savannah tomorrow.

jb
12-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Safe travel, and Merry Christmas

Buckrub
12-23-2015, 08:28 PM
You too, Bubba Joe.

I think it'll all be gone tomorrow.

Big Muddy
12-23-2015, 09:33 PM
Yep, Bucky, it's nearly outta Tupelo and northeast MS, now, so you oughta be safe for tomorrow....80's here for the next four days...I been living here for a looooong time, and never seen an extended hot spell in Dec.

Drively safely!!!

Buckrub
12-23-2015, 09:40 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/14-tornadoes-reported-in-miss-1-dead-in-arkansas/ar-BBnRlgz?li=BBnb7Kz

December is "2nd Tornado Season"........lots of bad storms in December. Lots of hot spells. For many years, even before Global Warming, even back when we were warned of a coming Ice Age......... :)

Son's fiance said her folks were coming to Tybee Island this weekend to head to the beach. Now, where's my swim trunks???

Big Muddy
12-23-2015, 10:08 PM
You?????.....in swim trucks?????....just the thought of that vision is burning my eyeballs. ;)

When you're headed to Tybee Island, take a right at the end of the bridge, over the big swamp, onto the white shell road for about a mile....road dead-ends and you'll run smack dab into a run-down marina, with a seafood shack and cafe....there's a sign out front that says, "The seafood you eat here was caught, today."....they ain't lying....some of the best seafood we ate, while we were there!!!

Buckrub
12-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Oh.........I got a Class A Tybee Island guide........been places few would venture, not to mention all the Tourist Catchers.

Broke in a week, seafood is see food for me.

Chicken Dinner
12-23-2015, 10:46 PM
Have a safe trip and a Merry Christmas. 65 here right now and that's supposed to be the low for the night.

Big Muddy
12-23-2015, 11:09 PM
Tornado reports, coming in from north MS....numerous homes wiped off slabs in Clarksdale, Marks, Holly Springs, and Walnut....my ag pilot buddy in Clarksdale had his hangar and three ag planes demolished....my hunting buddy in Walnut had just picked up his kids from the babysitters house, which was demolished an hour later.

As of 10 pm.....one child and three adults are dead, so far, and several people missing....40 injuries....more deaths and injury reports are expected, after daylight, Thurs. am.

Captain
12-24-2015, 10:47 AM
That is horrible. So sad for this time of the year. I didn't get in till after midnight and we had a bad storm here last night but nothing like you are talking about. I have a huge oak tree down in the back yard now I got to deal with.

Chicken Dinner
12-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Man, that is tragic! Mostly heavy rain here so far. But, they're calling for boomers later today and possibly tomorrow.

Captain
12-24-2015, 11:01 AM
Yea it thundered around here last night like a summer storm. Very unusual for this time of the year.

Thumper
12-24-2015, 11:04 AM
Dang, what a mess up that way. I guess the only part of it to affect us is a few clouds. My a/c could sure use a rest! Crazy temps for this time of year.

Partly cloudy for the next week. Thur-Sat/86 degress, then Sun-Tues/87 degrees. Weird.

Big Muddy
12-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Yall send out some prayers and vibes for these folks....especially, the kids who have had their Christmas totally disrupted.

johnboy
12-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Sure makes having my fence blow down seem pretty insignificant. Merry Christmas to you and drive safe.

Big Muddy
12-24-2015, 03:13 PM
My buddy in Walnut texted me that their fire station got hit so hard that they haven't even found one of their two fire trucks, yet....now that's a bad wind !!!

Captain
12-24-2015, 04:39 PM
Man that is awful. Just saw some of it on the weather channel.

Big Muddy
12-24-2015, 06:06 PM
Cap, that weather system is still holding together, but weakened, and looks to be on top of you, by tomorrow or this weekend.

I sure hope it peters out, before it causes any further damage.

And, it looks like ole Bucky is driving right thru the middle of it, today.

Nandy
12-24-2015, 06:21 PM
Man oh man, that is horrible!!! Poor people and if it not bad enough with Christmas just around the corner.

Buckrub
12-24-2015, 10:41 PM
In Savannah finally. Rough stuff for a while.

Holly Springs was a mess!

Buckrub
12-24-2015, 10:44 PM
You?????.....in swim trucks?????....just the thought of that vision is burning my eyeballs. ;)

When you're headed to Tybee Island, take a right at the end of the bridge, over the big swamp, onto the white shell road for about a mile....road dead-ends and you'll run smack dab into a run-down marina, with a seafood shack and cafe....there's a sign out front that says, "The seafood you eat here was caught, today."....they ain't lying....some of the best seafood we ate, while we were there!!!

Coco's.

I'll try and work it in. Have a 7 year old for 10 days.

Captain
12-24-2015, 11:22 PM
It was 80 freaking degrees today at the SC farm. This is some crazy weather. Hot and rain and storms on Christmas. Really weird

Big Muddy
12-25-2015, 12:47 AM
Cap, that summer drought we both experienced is sorta a fleeting memory, now, isn't it??? ;)

Captain
12-25-2015, 12:51 AM
Cap, that summer drought we both experienced is sorta a fleeting memory, now, isn't it??? ;)
My Lord yes! We are catching catfish out of squirrel nest right now. :D