PDA

View Full Version : Hey Posthole

Captain
12-25-2015, 08:59 PM
We got a big shipment of Whooper Ploppers in at work and I picked up 6 in all different colors. They are 13 bucks each here. Don't know if you have found any around your area yet or not. Deer season is over with in about a week here (thank God) and I'm ready to give these a try. 6305 If you need some I'll be back Wednesday and I'd be glad to pick you up some and Mail em out. Just let me know color.

quercus alba
12-25-2015, 09:07 PM
looks like an old river runt crossed with a Hawaiian wiggler

BarryBobPosthole
12-25-2015, 09:11 PM
That little single blade prop in back is what makes it irresitable I guess, QA.

i haven't had time to turn around lately Captain. I'll look here at Academy and see what they want for them if they have them.

BKb

Thumper
12-25-2015, 09:12 PM
I use worms. ;)

Big Skyz
12-25-2015, 09:14 PM
How deep does that run? It looks like something I could catch a big old brown with.

Captain
12-25-2015, 09:14 PM
It's actually a floating top water like a devilhorse, but it has a prop on the back where it will act like a top water lunker-lure if you crank it. The difference being you can start and stop it where you cannot stop a lunker-lure. They Are killing bass on this plug around here during this warm snap. They sell as fast as we get them in. I just got lucky and found some just as they were put out for sale. Figured I have spent more on less so I'd give them a try.

BarryBobPosthole
12-25-2015, 09:22 PM
The original Whopper Plopper was invented by Larry Dahlberg and is a much bigger model made to catch muskie. He started making a smaller version for Wolf fish in Surinam and an even smaller one caught on for bass. There's a video on his website that shows him building the mold and hand pouring the very first ones. Its pretty cool what that guy creates down n his basement.BKB

LJ3
12-25-2015, 09:44 PM
I wonder if river bronzebacks would slam that thing. Sure seems like they would.

airbud7
12-25-2015, 09:59 PM
y'all ever tried a mepps minnow?...jack fish on the south edisto river love em! (black water river)

BarryBobPosthole
12-25-2015, 10:00 PM
I wonder if river bronzebacks would slam that thing. Sure seems like they would.

I want to try them on Canuck smallies next summer and Oklahma bass soon as I can find one to fish with.

BKb

Captain
12-25-2015, 10:06 PM
Posty, I bought the size 90. They did have a bigger one but the 90 seemed to be right for bass. The one l like the most is the Munky Butt, or the Loon color pattern.

Captain
12-25-2015, 10:16 PM

BarryBobPosthole
02-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Captain, I tied that Plopper on while Keith and I were fishing last week just to see what kind of action it had. Pretty unusual! I plan to spend a bunch of time educatin' a whole bunch of bass on those things when the weather warms up this spring.

BKB

Captain
02-03-2016, 08:54 PM
You will like it. They are killing fish on them here in the spring. Last year was a mad house trying to find one.
I really like the action and the way you can use it like a lunker lure or stop it like a broke back or devil horse.
Good luck! Rent one to Keith.