PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas message from Di Co9

Thumper
12-26-2015, 01:41 AM
I received a "Merry Christmas" text from Di today and we "chatted" a bit. She asked me to give her love to the Good Hunting family and wanted you to know you're all very special to her. It was a bit of a rough Christmas for her as they were together 31+ years, but she's doing well. She also thanked us for keeping Niner's memory alive in the "Gone, but not forgotten" forum and sent along this pic.

Merry Christmas Bill....

Chicken Dinner
12-26-2015, 08:30 AM
I have so many good memories of Bill. All the best to you, Di!

Captain
12-26-2015, 09:06 AM
I've also "talked" to her over Christmas.
If there a classier lady, I don't know her.
She is a sweetheart and Bill was a lucky man.

Thumper
12-26-2015, 09:35 AM
Cappy, it's been so long ago that I can't remember persacty, but I "think" Bill may have been the second Good Hunter I ever met (you being the first back before this site was even started)! I bought a set of upgraded wheels for my truck on eBay from some guy in Atlanta. I had to plan a trip up there to pick them up, but Bill (whom I'd never met) volunteered to pick them up for me and hold them at his place until I could make it up that way. I eventually made a trip up there, met he and Di at the house (I'm sure she was relieved to find I was no internet axe murderer), we talked, he grilled and we had a great dinner. After that, it was a regular routine to give him a shout any time I was heading to or through Atlanta (which was often), and we'd many times hook up. He LOVED the Varsity and since Di worked close to the Varsity, we'd sometimes meet for a chili dog (or ten) after Di got off work. The last time he had been sick for quite a while and was using his walker, but the four of us (Lynn, Di, Bill and myself) got together and he still manged to scarf down two dogs! I have a little souvenir from that day that Di gave us and it's hanging right here in front of me in my office. That's the last time I saw him. I miss that ol' feller. :(

Captain
12-26-2015, 10:02 AM
Bill made me a gift of all his Turkey calls. Di shipped them to me and I have several of them on display in my gun room. But I have plans on using them this coming spring and hopefully will get to complete the "Niner" pose.
October was different this year in that Bill usually came to the farm and hunted with me that month. I remember one year we had exceptionally hot weather and ended up doing more fishing than hunting. But it was all good... I don't think he missed but one year in many, and that was the year they first found out about his health problem and had surgery.

Buckrub
12-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Smilin happy Bill.

I miss him.

Big Skyz
12-26-2015, 02:05 PM
It was an honor to know him. I look forward to hanging out with him again some day. I figure he will have all the best fishing holes scouted out before I get there.

LJ3
12-26-2015, 04:50 PM
Di sure seems like the best kind of people there is. I miss Niner.