PDA

View Full Version : I need some Masonic help ... I think. (???)

Thumper
12-26-2015, 09:10 PM
At an estate sale a while back, I picked up a small packet of ... heck, I don't have a clue what they are, but they looked cool, so I grabbed 'em! Now I'm trying to figure out what I have. They're like tin/metal plates measuring approx. 3" X 4" and remind me of the old photographic tin plates in a way. They're highly metallic and quite reflective, so I played hell trying to get decent pics. With a flash, the reflection would cut down on ... oh heck, I don't know, they'd come out dark. Without a flash and using my desk lamp, I'd get reflections and the camera would play heck trying to focus. I ain't no dang photographer, so I came out with dark images, blurry images, bright "over-exposed" images ... you name it ... all but clear pics.

Anyway, I "think" the plates contain Masonic images or symbols. I know squat about the Masons, so figured maybe some of youse secret society dufes could give me some idea of what I have. I don't have a clue as to how old these things are, but I have 5 of them (all the same). They could be from 2014 or the frigging 1700's for all I know! Heck, I don't even know if they are Masonic symbols or not ... it's just the first thing that came to mind when I dug them up. If nothing else, at least they're kinda cool ... I just need to know how to market them.

I'll post a shitload of crappy pics. Some show a decent image of a portion of a plate, another may show better on another portion. There's an eyeball in the top center and I "think" a Masonic symbol at the lower left (it looks like it's covering a very large family-type Bible ... or a very large book anyway).

Any'o youse dufes have a clue what these things might be?

Captain
12-26-2015, 09:27 PM
I know exactly what they are. And some of the things you are looking at are on the back of the one dollar bill.

Thumper
12-26-2015, 09:37 PM
I know exactly what they are.

Well, you're a huge frigging help! ;)

WTF are they?

Captain
12-26-2015, 10:24 PM
List it as antique Masonic Lodge art. And that's as far as I can help ya.

Thumper
12-26-2015, 11:00 PM
Youse Mason dufes are as worthless as tits on a boar hog! ;)

Now, I know just as much as I did when I first made this post.

Big Muddy
12-27-2015, 12:10 AM
Thump, I know about them, as well....but, like Cap said, that's all I can say about them.

Just for the heck of it, I might interested in them, IF you're not asking a mint for them.

Thumper
12-27-2015, 09:11 AM
Muddy, that's part of the reason for my post. I don't know if they're worth 5-cents or $5000.00. I'm trying to research them, but that's hard to do when you don't know what you're researching. I figured I'd start here with you bozos. I normally auction stuff I'm not sure about, but in order to auction something, you kinda have to know how to list them. I was hoping for a better description than "Antique Metal Masonic Lodge Art Thingies", but I've been more vague with previous listings and came out ok.

Admittedly, I didn't even start researching until I posted them here last evening, but during a general I-net search, I haven't found anything like them. (just pictures, post cards, that sort of stuff). My first thought was some sort of "photographic plate", but I'm basically clueless. I prolly bought them 6-8 months ago and don't even remember what I paid for them. I generally don't pay much, but that's not the point, it's my "business".

If I didn't find anything, I was going to drop by a local lodge. I'm surrounded by them (5 of them within minutes of my house). I assume someone is always on premises (?), but one meets the 2nd & 4th Thursday of every month, one the 1st & 3rd Tuesday, one the 2nd & 4th Monday, another also the 1st & 3rd Tuesday and one on the 1st & 3rd Thursday. Of course, if they're anything like youse bunch'a losers, all they'd say is, "We can tell ya', but then we'd haf'ta kill ya'!" ;)

Seriously, if you really want them, shoot me a price (e-mail) and they're yours. I deal in trust when it concerns anyone on this site and won't even continue researching them. Heck, they (5 of 'em) only weigh 1.5 oz. each, so they can ship "1st Class Package" ($3-$4). 'Course, if I see you on "Antiques Road Show" 6-months from now and find out you became an overnight bazillionaire, I may have to make a call to my SEAL buddy and have him pay a little visit to Mississippi in "stealth mode" .... ifyouknowwhatImeanandIthinkthatyoudo! :D

Thumper
12-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Oh, BTW Muddy ... as I stated in the original post, the above pics are really fuzzy. I just could NOT get the camera to focus on that reflective surface. This pic is about the only one that shows any clarity at all. The images on the plates themselves are clear, sharp and crisp. (this was with a flash)

http://www.goodhunting.info/attachment.php?attachmentid=6322&d=1451178291&thumb=1

Big Muddy
12-27-2015, 11:00 AM
I guess the most fair thing to do would be for you to just throw them up on ebay, then email me the listing site....I'll just bid on them, with the rest of the bozos. ;)

Thumper
12-27-2015, 12:45 PM
How high would you be willing to go? I'll have my buddy go in and bid you up! ;)

Or, I'll just run an auction with a $1000 minimum bid! ;)

Big Muddy
12-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Okay, go ahead and put 'em up for $1,000 bucks....I'll jump right on 'em....I got a ficticious email addy just for those occasions. ;););)

Thumper
01-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Sold for $62.50 ... 4 to a guy in California and 1 to a lady in Kentucky. No clue what they were worth really, but for a $0.50 investment, I'm ok with it. :D