PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weather

BarryBobPosthole
12-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Its been raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock here today. Tornados to the south of us. Sounds like dallas might be getting multiple tornadoes on the ground. Bad news in a populous area. Hope Bert is okay! He's the only North Texas Goodhunter I know I think.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-26-2015, 10:04 PM
Stay safe!

Thumper
12-26-2015, 10:05 PM
Wear your rubbers just in case. ;)

airbud7
12-26-2015, 10:13 PM
yea...stay safe barry....you ever seen a tornado?

BarryBobPosthole
12-26-2015, 10:31 PM
We're fine here. the bad stuff is south and west of us.

Airbud, I've been in a few and seen many. i consider myself lucky to have only been run right over by one once. That was freaky.

BKB

Thumper
12-26-2015, 11:44 PM
I had a 'nader pass right in front of me just outside of Memphis once. I was heading North on Hwy. 51 and one'a those roadside picnic tables flew right across the hood of my car (but never touched me). It was one'a those huge mf'ers that was one piece (table and benches all attached to a common, metal/tube frame). I've seen quite a few 'naders from a distance, but that was the only time I was right in the middle of one.

Captain
12-26-2015, 11:58 PM
No I was right in the middle of one, literally. Saw, felt and heard it from the inside out. Woke up in the hospital 2 days later. A LOT worse for the wear. That damn thing picked up my truck and boat like a piece of paper. It was a F-4 and killed a lot of folks. I should have been one of them.
http://www.weather.gov/gsp/5May1989Review

Thumper
12-27-2015, 08:15 AM
Ouch! The one I was "in" was obviously smaller. I was driving through a semi-wooded area (hence the roadside picnic area) and didn't even know it was a tornado until all hell broke loose. It's not like I could look out in the distance and see a funnel cloud. Even then I wasn't positive what had happened until I got home and heard the news. I thought it was one of those crazy Tennessee thunderstorms that would sometimes be preceded by strong winds. Trash, leaves, limbs, etc. were flying everywhere and one side of my car (new '70 Impala) looked like it got wallpapered with wet leaves. Don't get me wrong, it felt like I changed lanes about 30 times without ever moving the steering wheel, but I guess I was in some sort of denial. Naaaa, it COULDN'T be! Heck, I think I was 18 years old at the time. Maybe I was luckier than I thought.