PDA

View Full Version : NO ducks are worth challenging Mother Nature!!!.....

Big Muddy
12-29-2015, 12:22 AM
The last sentence pretty much sums up what happened.....sadly.

Country Singer Craig Strickland from Backroad Anthem Missing After Hunting Trip in Oklahoma

Emergency crews in Oklahoma have suspended the search for Craig Strickland, the 29-year-old lead singer of the Arkansas-based country-rock band Backroad Anthem, who went missing after a hunting trip on Kaw Lake in Kay County, Oklahoma.

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol said they have suspended Monday's search due to weather and fading light and will resume the search on Tuesday, reported KSFM 5 News Online.

Searchers recovered the body of Chase Morland on Monday. Morland was on a hunting trip with friend Craig Strickland.(Twitter/Chase Morland)Strickland was believed to be on a boat with friend Chase Morland, 22, who searchers found dead in the lake on Monday afternoon, according to the Associated Press.

Kay County sheriff’s office contacted the Oklahoma Highway Patrol at about 9 p.m. Sunday after they learned that two hunters went missing at Kaw Lake sometime over the weekend.

Searchers found the men's capsized boat shortly after midnight last night, but not the two men, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.

Morland, from Van Buren, Arkansas, posted on Twitter on Sunday that he and Strickland were "going right through Winter Storm Goliath" to go duck hunting.

Captain
12-29-2015, 08:35 AM
A very good friend of mine die the exact same way in Arkansas a couple of years ago.
I don't know that I will ever want to duck hunt that bad.
I know his family is hurting this morning. The not knowing is the awful part.

BarryBobPosthole
12-29-2015, 08:44 AM
We have had 40+ mph winds here in all parts of the state since Saturday. And thats in addition to driving rain, sleet, and snow. Anybody who gets in a boat and goes out on a lake in the dark in those conditions isn't using good sense.

All duck hunters have hunted in really adverse conditions if they've hunted much at all. But stupid is stupid, with all respect for the dead.

BKB

Thumper
12-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Kinda reminds me of my younger days when I was a wannabe surfer dude. Well, I surfed, I just never was all that good at it. Whenever we had a hurricane, all of us "surfers" would head straight for the beach! I'm a bit older and wiser now ... AND more fragile.

BarryBobPosthole
12-29-2015, 10:08 AM
I had some buddies at Patrick when I was stationed at MacDill that I visited quite a bit. I recall one weekend at Cocoa Beach they had a shark fishing tournament on Saturday and threw out all manner of chum right offshore, and then Ron Jon's had a surfing contest on Sunday.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-29-2015, 11:09 AM
We lost my Cousin's boy and a buddy of his to a similar accident about 10 years ago. When I think about some of the stupid stuff I did in boats in my 20's I think there but for the Grace of God (and pure dumb luck) go I.