PDA

View Full Version : Lord knows

Captain
12-29-2015, 08:21 PM
It ain't like me to complain about NOT having cold weather but this is crazy! Almost 80 degrees again today and the rain will not quit falling.
Hammer came down to the farm today wanting a "freezer" doe so I put him where I'd been seeing a lot every afternoon. He had 8 come in. It was almost too hot to hunt.

Big Muddy
12-29-2015, 09:04 PM
Cap, that Goliath storm laid down some of that +80 degree weather on me, too....set all sorta record Dec. highs around here....finally, it moved outta here, but hate that it's sitting on you guys, now.

Nandy
12-29-2015, 10:16 PM
hoping for cooler weather for the last 3 days of season, I am hunting hard....

Chicken Dinner
12-30-2015, 05:51 AM
I had a bumble bee land on the end of my rifle yesterday afternoon. I'm trying not to complain about the heat because at least the sun came out for a few hours yesterday afternoon. Foggy as hell this morning and more rain in the afternoon expected...

Bwana
12-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Though 80 degrees is WAY too hot for deer hunting (my only gripe about our youth season is that temps at that time often exceed 80) but at least he doesn't have to dress like the little brother in The Christmas Story as I've done while hunting at temps of less than -20.

Congrats to David on the Freezer food.

jb
12-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Just can't imagine deer hunting in a T-shirt with bugs flying around and snakes, damn, youse guys a weird.
Nice looking deer, good for some tasty meat.
That darn storm finally changed our weather up here. We were on the most northern edge of it and got about 5-8" of snow, first for the month.
Should stick around a little as the temps remain below 32 degress.
Sure glad most of you survived it and didn't have much damage.

Big Muddy
12-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Cap, I really pulled a good 'un on my grandson, late yesterday afternoon....I saw that 14 point unicorn buck, again, right at dark....I called grandson, and said I had the buck in my sights, and was gonna let him listen over my iphone, while I shot him....he had a fit, and "reminded" me that I had promised to save the buck for his bow kill....about that time, I slapped the side of the blind real hard, mimicking a gun shot.

He hollered into the phone, "Did you get him, Pappy???"....I had to fess up, and tell him that I was just pulling his leg, and to get his butt up here, and kill this unicorn. ;)