PDA

View Full Version : What ya'll think.....

Big Muddy
12-30-2015, 09:08 PM
Watching the TAM-Louisville bowl game....Louisville player, all-conference LB Burgess, gets ejected on the very first play of the game for targeting....those kids are all pumped up, and ready to play hard.
No doubt, he's guilty of targeting....no question about that....I have always thought the penalty is too harsh....ejection for the next 15 minutes is plenty, but not the entire game....jmho.

BarryBobPosthole
12-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Most of the ones I've seen ejected this year I thought deserved it. It wasn't that way last year though, they've gotten better. Football could learn from lessons from rugby in this case and train their players to tackle differently, which really is the only answer there is to reducing head injuries in football.

Professional baseball has radically reduced head injuries at the plate by changing the rules. And it didn't hurt baseball one bit. Football can do the same. But it'll take time, and a willingness to take it out of the game as mch as they can. So I support it. (but they've got to continue improving the accuracy of the calls)

BKB

Big Muddy
12-30-2015, 10:29 PM
Agreed.....and, nearly every targeting call I've ever seen has been justly deserved....I just think the penalty needs to be re-evaluated.