PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Bubba!

Thumper
12-31-2015, 09:56 AM
Man-o-man, you're older than dirt now! ;)

Have a good one dude!

Bwana
12-31-2015, 10:43 AM
Happy birthday to you Jerry!

Captain
12-31-2015, 10:59 AM
Happy Birthday Jerry! Take an extra long nap today! ;)

HideHunter
12-31-2015, 11:05 AM
Happy Happy!

DeputyDog
12-31-2015, 11:06 AM
Happy Birthday Jerry. Hope it's a good one!

jb
12-31-2015, 11:19 AM
Thanks guys, you really never think that sometime in your life 71 will feel good, well it does and I hope all of you will remember this when it's your turn.
Jim, buddy sent me this picture. I must have been about 12 when this was taken. Funny thing about the picture, it shows two cars that were very similar to the first cars I owed. The 56 Ford 4 door (green & white), mine was blue and white, and the 55 Merc. ( red top, white bottom) just the color combo I had. It also shows what was my dream car, a 57 Ford Convert, had to wait a few years but did end up with a great 70 Ford Convert.
PS: I spent my Honeymoon on this same beach 10 years later with a new Mustang Convet.
Anyway, thanks again and wishing you all a Happy New Year.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/jbmich/oldies_zpsgiheulyq.jpg

airbud7
12-31-2015, 11:48 AM
Cool Picture.....Happy Birthday JB!

Cards01
12-31-2015, 11:54 AM
Happy Birthday!!

Thumper
12-31-2015, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys, you really never think that sometime in your life 71 will feel good, well it does and I hope all of you will remember this when it's your turn.
Jim, buddy sent me this picture. I must have been about 12 when this was taken. Funny thing about the picture, it shows two cars that were very similar to the first cars I owed. The 56 Ford 4 door (green & white), mine was blue and white, and the 55 Merc. ( red top, white bottom) just the color combo I had. It also shows what was my dream car, a 57 Ford Convert, had to wait a few years but did end up with a great 70 Ford Convert.
PS: I spent my Honeymoon on this same beach 10 years later with a new Mustang Convet.
Anyway, thanks again and wishing you all a Happy New Year.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/jbmich/oldies_zpsgiheulyq.jpg

Cool pic and that's got'ta be Daytona Beach! I had a '56 Merc (black). My dad (drag) raced a blown '57 Ford (silver/blue) and our circle track car was a '56 and later a '57 Ford (red/white). That pic makes me feel like a kid again! By time I was 5 or 6 years old, I could spot the tail lights on a car a mile away at night and tell you the make and year. These days I have trouble differentiating a Hyundai from a Chevy. :(

BTW ... notice most of the cars are parked up toward the loose sand. They belong to locals. They'd many times get stuck, but there were a bazillion people around to give ya' a little shove to get out. Those cars down toward the water are Yankee cars. They'd park, lock the car up and walk up to the boardwalk or Atlantic Ave. to shop/eat/play, then return to find the tide came in while they were gone and their car is now under water!

As a teenager, my buddy and I had an old Jeep that we'd use to pull Yankees out of the drink (hoping for a small "donation"). If they left the car unlocked (which many did back in those days), we'd just get in and push 'em up toward the sand.

Chicken Dinner
12-31-2015, 12:43 PM
Happy birthday, Bubba!

Buckrub
12-31-2015, 12:48 PM
You've led a charmed life Bubba. Glad to know you. Hope it's 50 more.

Big Muddy
12-31-2015, 01:31 PM
Happy Birthday, JB!!! Remember, 71 is the new 61 !!! ;)