PDA

View Full Version : I have a serious challenge for you Western Movie fellers

Captain
12-31-2015, 11:06 AM
I would be willing to bet none of you can watch a movie called Dead Man with Johnny Depp, Billy Bob Thorton, Iggy Pop, Robert Meachum.
I have never in 58 years of life ever seen such a waste of time.
If you got Netflex look it up and let me know how long you make it.

Bwana
12-31-2015, 11:20 AM
I think I'll pass.

airbud7
12-31-2015, 11:45 AM
I'll take your word for it Cappy...........

quercus alba
12-31-2015, 12:30 PM
I'll see your dead man and raise you "the Villain " with Ahhnold

Captain
12-31-2015, 12:46 PM
I'll see your dead man and raise you "the Villain " with Ahhnold

I'll take that bet, is the Villain on Netflex?

quercus alba
12-31-2015, 01:42 PM
I certainly hope not. No need to ruin people on the entertainment industry

If you can find the mini series "Chiefs" with Keith Carradine, it is definitely worth watching

Big Skyz
12-31-2015, 01:48 PM
Captain I can't get past the cast, let alone watch the show. Think I'll go fishing instead.

Thumper
12-31-2015, 01:51 PM
I'm a bit of an odd-ball I guess. I don't even care for Westerns ... unless you count Blazing Saddles as a Western. :D

Buckrub
12-31-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm a bit of an odd-ball I guess. I don't even care for Westerns ... unless you count Blazing Saddles as a Western. :D

You don't like Star Wars, Star Trek, sports, westerns, and you brag on food that resembles boiled snot. Some debonair world traveling hot shot you are!

Hmmmmm.

Thumper
12-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Well, let's dissect this a bit ... Star Wars and Star Trek is nothing but Hollywood fantasy. Ball sports is a GAME ... that involve a high percentage of ghetto type wife beaters/drug abusers who are paid obscene amounts of $$$ to throw/carry/hit/chase a silly ball around, while a bunch'o goofy wannabe's sit in front of the boob-tube and yell at the screen. Westerns are a blown out of proportion piece of what may as well be semi-ancient history that Hollywood has exaggerated and bastardized.

Then there's traveling the world, meeting and becoming educated about the REAL world around us as well as other existing cultures and exotic foods ... and we ALL have to eat, right? So ..... who's the real goofball here? :D

Captain
12-31-2015, 05:23 PM
Curmudgeon..., :D

airbud7
12-31-2015, 05:28 PM
Curmudgeon..., :D

This^...I know I asked this before but why thump be like that?.....:D

Thumper
12-31-2015, 05:43 PM
This^...I know I asked this before but why thump be like that?.....:D

And you want to be an official SD'er? Watch and learn little grasshopper ... it's my JOB. ;)

Buckrub
12-31-2015, 07:03 PM
The
Well, let's dissect this a bit ... Star Wars and Star Trek is nothing but Hollywood fantasy. Ball sports is a GAME ... that involve a high percentage of ghetto type wife beaters/drug abusers who are paid obscene amounts of $$$ to throw/carry/hit/chase a silly ball around, while a bunch'o goofy wannabe's sit in front of the boob-tube and yell at the screen. Westerns are a blown out of proportion piece of what may as well be semi-ancient history that Hollywood has exaggerated and bastardized.

Then there's traveling the world, meeting and becoming educated about the REAL world around us as well as other existing cultures and exotic foods ... and we ALL have to eat, right? So ..... who's the real goofball here? :D

You

Thumper
12-31-2015, 07:34 PM
:moon :moon :moon :biggrin

LJ3
01-01-2016, 12:55 AM

You forgot "get off my lawn!"

Trav
01-01-2016, 02:55 PM
You can throw New World in there too as a waste of time.