PDA

View Full Version : Well dip me in POO! How's everyone doing?

HunterEd
01-01-2016, 10:13 AM
I remembered my PW to log in! I hope all is fine with younz guys here at GH!! Short story. I was outsourced Aug 2014~decided to retire early and take advantage of all the great things our government has to offer. :booty

Sold the home in New Yorkisstan & purchased one just east of Athens ,GA. (wife has family in the area) Her Dad passed away 3 years ago she had been just south of us here visiting him when he went south. My health is fair except for high BP, being fat, aches and pains all over and a high ana titer waiting to kick in.

I'm still selling a few boolits, suppositories and firearms now and then. Business was great for a few years thanks to Xero's help, then the move put a dent in my operations.
Joined up with a living history group so I can play dress up at a local Fort, Ft. Yargo once a month. No shooting the states admin has some lame ass rules. One of their certified people has to be present for safety. Never mind they don't know squat about muzzle loaders or range development.

Anyway, how's things with younz guys??

Bill

HideHunter
01-01-2016, 10:40 AM
What a way to start the year.. Welcome back. Only about 3-4 "hunters" left on GoodHunting - couple guys fish ;) ... Still squabble like family.. Pull up a stump, kick the fire, spit, scratch and tell a yarn or two..

BarryBobPosthole
01-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Look what the cat dragged in! Good to hear from you, old timer! A few of us have retired in the past couple of years too. There's a few youngsters that have showed up but I'll let them introduce themselves. The rest of us are just enjoying our free Obamaphones and marvelous health care at affordable prices!
Its good to hear you're doing well and have decided to move down amongst the good people!

What color uni do you wear in your re-enactments? Are you the token Yankee? Sounds like fun, you'll have to post some pictures some time.

Welcome back to the fold!

BKB

Thumper
01-01-2016, 11:10 AM
HunterEd??? HunterEd??? Why does that name ring a bell? ;)

(Welcome back ya' old fart! Glad you checked in .... now don't be a stranger!)

Chicken Dinner
01-01-2016, 11:13 AM
Welcome back and don't be a stranger.

Thumper
01-01-2016, 11:15 AM
I hear an echo. ;)

Big Muddy
01-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Crickets chirping??? ;)

HunterEd
01-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Look what the cat dragged in! Good to hear from you, old timer! A few of us have retired in the past couple of years too. There's a few youngsters that have showed up but I'll let them introduce themselves. The rest of us are just enjoying our free Obamaphones and marvelous health care at affordable prices!
Its good to hear you're doing well and have decided to move down amongst the good people!

What color uni do you wear in your re-enactments? Are you the token Yankee? Sounds like fun, you'll have to post some pictures some time.

Welcome back to the fold!

BKB

No uniform~ That way I can slither around for a free meal! 6350

HunterEd
01-01-2016, 12:37 PM
They give the fat guy a knife and ask can you carve a ham. 6351
Fella next to me is Eddie, we damn near had it ate up before it was served!

airbud7
01-01-2016, 12:39 PM
That way I can slither around for a free meal! 6350

hahaha...now thats cool stuff hunterEd

HunterEd
01-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Here's part of the crew nuthin but a bunch of old hippies and bikers. No longer sharing smoke as6352 we now trade RX. LOL

BarryBobPosthole
01-01-2016, 01:04 PM
I see, so its Revolutionary War re-enactment. When you said Georgia, I immediately just assumed War of Northern Aggression.

That looks like about as much fun a feller can have with his britches on, HE.

BKB

Thumper
01-01-2016, 01:07 PM
http://www.goodhunting.info/attachment.php?attachmentid=6350&d=1451665755&thumb=1

The bald guy looks like he's headed for the gallows! ;)

Captain
01-01-2016, 01:23 PM
Man good to see you Ed!
That looks like a lot of fun!
Are you doing any hunting down there in Ga?
Is that a period correct Olympic Maximum, fence, siding and deck stain bucket with the kindling in it?

Thumper
01-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Is that a period correct Olympic Maximum, fence, siding and deck stain bucket with the kindling in it?

Ha ha! great minds think alike. That's the first thing that caught my eye in that pic. Also that Dutch oven looking pot on the ham carving station. I'd like to know about that. Cast iron? Old? Name brand?

BarryBobPosthole
01-01-2016, 01:53 PM
I imagine five gallon buckets were just as handy then as they are now!

BKB

airbud7
01-01-2016, 02:37 PM
hahahaha^ True....We should have a GH Best looking 5 gallon bucket contest...That would be Fun!

Thumper
01-01-2016, 04:09 PM
hahahaha^ True....We should have a GH Best looking 5 gallon bucket contest...That would be Fun!

Ha ha ha, believe it or not, I just sold thirty 5-gal. (plastic) buckets for $1.50/ea. to a guy on Craig's List. I have 'em stacked and he's coming over to pick them up this weekend.

Odd the subject should come up though. I just picked these up for a buck apiece at an estate sale recently. They're bringing $30 ea. on eBay. (I haven't cleaned 'em up yet ... one has the lid)

HideHunter
01-01-2016, 04:53 PM

I have a candidate.. ;)

HunterEd
01-02-2016, 12:19 PM
LOL the bucket has corn on the ear and the stump next to it is a mortar for pounding kernels into meal. The kids like to mess with it.
Bald headed guy, is Kevin he listens to hard.
Capt. Not much hunting this year. Shot some limb bacon a few weeks back they were eating the plastic bumpers off the vehicles.
Those ALL buckets are NICE!!

The period for the Trading Post is 1892 to 1908. I'd prefer a little later time like 1812 to 1820. I go with the flow. The state has not really stepped up to finish off the post. We need a new cover over the cooking area. 4 or 5 more out buildings. We do have a donor for logs to build the palisade walls.
We'll draw in a 100 or so flatlanders who come to visit the park on our open weekend. During the week schools bring out kids.

Ah, it's something to do and helps me move some boolits in the process.