PDA

View Full Version : Well,

HideHunter
01-01-2016, 10:50 AM
I could give a ratsass less but I guess we have a team playing in some football game today. Good thing is, been invited to a party with a few close friends.. Buddy and I are frying fish and there might be some libations involved. Guy hosting is a huge archery hunter (both North America and Africa). Shot a lion (not Cecil) and a 252" whitetail with his bow in the past couple years.. a trip through his basement is like a trip through a museum.

Oh, and the ball game.. only reason I care is my wife is a hardcore Hawkeye fan and things are always a bit better around here when they win. Don't tell her - but I ain't holding my breath..

HappyNewYear!

Thumper
01-01-2016, 11:03 AM
So ... if they win, you stand a chance of getting lucky ... but if they lose ... well .... a date with Rosey may be in your future. ;)

HideHunter
01-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Best football party I've ever been to.. I never watched a play of the game.. Ate halibut, yellow eye, rockfish, ling cod and flathead catfish. Sipped on a Maker's 46 and swapped tales with a half-dozen of the most accomplished hunters I know. Added bonus was that my buddy's PH from Africa was there. Hell of a night..

oh, you might have heard... they lost...

Chicken Dinner
01-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Sometimes not having much of a game to watch improves the party part substantially.

Big Muddy
01-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Uhh ohhh, Iowa lost....looks like it's the five finger discount for ole Hide. ;)