PDA

View Full Version : What do you think should be done about the Bundy Occupation in Oregon?

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Lots of folks love to hate the federal government. It seems to be in fashion these days. Now we have ranchers who pay to graze their stock on federally owned lands who seem to think that they have some sort of personal right to continue that practice and have taken over a federal building with an armed protest.

What do you think needs to be done?

airbud7
01-04-2016, 12:31 PM
They broke the law. Go in with armed police and arrest them.

Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward said the protesters were no patriots.

"These men came to Harney County claiming to be part of militia groups supporting local ranchers, when in reality these men had alternative motives to attempt to overthrow the county and federal government in hopes to spark a movement across the United States,"

Chicken Dinner
01-04-2016, 12:45 PM
I've ignored it mostly. But, it sounds like an armed confrontation is exactly they want. I say wait it out and these weekend warriors will get bored and go home eventually.

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2016, 12:48 PM
I've ignored it mostly. But, it sounds like an armed confrontation is exactly they want. I say wait it out and these weekend warriors will get bored and go home eventually.

I'd rather see it end peacefully, but I can't see letting people walk away from committing an armed felony scott free either.

BKB

Captain
01-04-2016, 12:58 PM
The democrats should put the cows on welfare hay.

Chicken Dinner
01-04-2016, 01:03 PM
I didn't mean they shouldn't be prosecuted. Just storming the place when it's closed for the winter anydamnway seems counter productive.

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2016, 01:06 PM
The democrats should put the cows on welfare hay.

Where the hell do you thnk government cheese comes from?
BKB

quercus alba
01-04-2016, 01:35 PM
pipe in some Macy Gray music, they'll come running out with their hands over their ears begging to be arrested

HideHunter
01-04-2016, 01:54 PM

:iagree

But I have to admit.. I have done zero research to find out what is *really* going on.

LJ3
01-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Fuck 'em. They broke, and are breaking the law. Remove them by whatever means necessary without jeopardizing LEO lives if possible.

We're sposed to be a nation of laws.

These assmunches are making the rest of us crazy gun toting republicans look bad! :)

LJ3
01-04-2016, 04:26 PM
Rubio and Cruz have both released statements telling those dumbasses to cut the crap and get out. whew, I sure feel better about it!

Captain
01-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Trump will Bomb them and Hillary will ignore all the calls for help from the cows till they are dead and then claim it was the fault of some amateur film maker.

HideHunter
01-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Okay - I did a bit of research.. I couldn't believe it - but most of what the "media" is reporting is not true.. :eek: I heard "landowners who were convicted of arson - allegedly to cover up poaching'. Ain't got a damned thing to do with it. I still think they'd all go home after while.. and I think the Hammonds are getting a raw deal. They need a better lawyer.

LJ3
01-04-2016, 05:16 PM
It is quite possible the Hammonds are getting a raw deal and like you said, there's lots of unfounded speculation.

The way they've chosen to shine light on their plight is illegal. Plain and simple.

What they need is a white, countrified version of Johnny Cochran. "If the cattle can't rant, land you must grant!"

BarryBobPosthole
01-04-2016, 05:52 PM
From what I've seen, the hammonds don't want to have anything to do with these yahoos.

BKB

Captain
01-04-2016, 06:08 PM
What they need is a white, countrified version of Johnny Cochran. "If the cattle can't rant, land you must grant!"

"If the cattle can feed the protesters will leave."
"It's just the white Honkey, taking feed from my Donkey"

Buckrub
01-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Know nothing about it. But if they broke the law, how about walking up and serving a warrant????

Else, just drive tanks in there and play loud music, and then set them all on fire.

Thumper
01-04-2016, 09:51 PM
I'm with Bucky. :thumbsup

If the "Black Lives Matter" folks would preach DO WHAT A LAW OFFICER TELLS YOU TO, INSTEAD OF FLEEING, maybe there wouldn't be so many incidents.

If these ranchers want to take the law into their own hands instead of following proper legal procedures, "light 'em up!" ;)

Then, second thought, if we ignore illegals crossing our borders, then "homesteading while soaking up Federal benifits" while the gov't does nothing about it, why can't the ranchers just do whatever the "F" they want to do?

Captain
01-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Where's them democrat Janet Reno's when you need one.

Buckrub
01-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Just an FYI:

HOW MUCH LAND DOES THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OWN?

It controls about a million square miles, mostly in the West, according to the Congressional Research Service. It owns 85 percent of Nevada, 66 percent of Utah, 62 percent of both Idaho and Alaska, and 53 percent of Oregon.

Most of the land is managed by U.S. agencies including the Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, Fish and Wildlife Service and National Park Service.

The federal government also owns significant portions of California and Wyoming, at 48 percent each; Arizona, at 42 percent; Colorado, at 36 percent; New Mexico, at 35 percent; Montana, at 29 percent; and Washington state, at 28 percent.

You can decide if this is appropriate.

Thumper
01-05-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm not persactly sure what your point is Buckster. :confused:

Bwana
01-05-2016, 03:18 PM
I fall in line with Hide Hunter's thoughts.

BarryBobPosthole
01-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Here's a good piece on it.

http://manythingsconsidered.com/2016/01/a-not-so-well-regulated-militia/

airbud7
01-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Here's a good piece on it.

http://manythingsconsidered.com/2016/01/a-not-so-well-regulated-militia/

Good read Barry^....

"You can dislike the law, you can peacefully protest, you can petition the government and elected officials to change the law. You can even commit civil disobedience if you are willing to accept the consequences. You cannot, however, ammo up and take the law into your own hands. You cannot pick and chose the laws you will obey and you cannot commit armed sedition."

Them Boys gonna be in a heap of shit when they give up/get taken into Custody.

Hope nobody gets Hurt!

BarryBobPosthole
01-05-2016, 05:28 PM
They're counting on the feds not being willing to take them on. And the feds are in a Catch 22. If they do, the Ruby Ridge American Terrorist crowd will get all up in arms and they become jack booted thugs. If they don't they'll getcalled out for being pussies.

My opinion is we oughta send in the law and we oughta do it now.

BKB

Bwana
01-05-2016, 05:47 PM
From what I read there are two separate things going on here. One is the folks who have taken over the refuge headquarters to protest the treatment of the ranchers and the other is the ranchers and how they have been dealt with regarding land access issues, rental rates, and water access. I've only read a limited amount of what supposedly has transpired between the ranchers and the feds but am guessing there are multiple sides to this story though I'm not sure they can all be obtained.

Buckrub
01-05-2016, 06:54 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/the-oregon-occupiers-have-a-point/ar-AAgnhp8?li=BBnb7Kz

And Thump........I don't doubt it.