PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pumphead

BarryBobPosthole
01-05-2016, 11:16 PM
How'd the medical test go? Did the gerbil make it?

BKB

Thumper
01-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Cut out four more polyps. Waiting on biopsy now. Thanks for asking.

Chicken Dinner
01-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Here's hoping for good results! What about the rest of our walking wounded. Trav, how's the leg? HH, how's the eye? Have I missed anyone?

Captain
01-06-2016, 12:48 PM
Been wondering about you Thump-head. Hope it all comes back OK.

Thumper
01-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Last year (the first time polyps were found) the doc said he quit counting after he removed 20 or so! They all came back benign, so I'm hoping for the same this time around. The trick is to catch them early and that's why they moved me from a 5-year schedule to an annual colonoscopy. Any of youse dufes who are a bit up there in age, if you haven't gone through the torture yet, GET'ER DONE! Early is good ... leave 'em and there's a chance they could become malignant.

(That's my official public service announcement) ;)

LJ3
01-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Doctor Jimmy sez, get your ass drilled every year boys and girls!

BarryBobPosthole
01-06-2016, 02:05 PM
Doctor Thumper packs a wallop
when he incinerates your polyp!
And if your asshole needs a tincture,
he'll put a stretchin on your sphincter!

BKB

Thumper
01-06-2016, 02:57 PM
I'm surrounded! :slaphead

Nandy
01-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Im 47 and I asked for it since my dad is a colon cancer survivor with one regression but the doc said no.... I have to wait 3 more years, the suspense is killing me (hopefully not literally....)

LJ3
01-06-2016, 04:44 PM
nandy, Your Doctor is an asshole. I've had them since I was 40 but then again, I had polyps like pumphead.

BarryBobPosthole
01-06-2016, 04:50 PM
I'm gonna have my very first one here in a few weeks.

HideHunter
01-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Here's hoping for good results! What about the rest of our walking wounded. Trav, how's the leg? HH, how's the eye? Have I missed anyone?

Doc says retina is attached. Vision is distorted.. May see slight improvement over the next couple months. Teaching myself to shoot left-handed. Thanks for asking. ;)

LJ3
01-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Does the mean you'll be selling off a bunch of right handed guns? Just curious :)

BarryBobPosthole
01-06-2016, 05:37 PM
I wonder if they make left hamded spincasts too?

BKB

Nandy
01-06-2016, 07:22 PM
nandy, Your Doctor is an asshole. I've had them since I was 40 but then again, I had polyps like pumphead.

He got all high an mighty "the health standards blah, blah, yadda, yadda... etc" I said, you understand my dad is a PROSTATE (i fucked that one up) cancer survivor and his mom died of colon cancer and his sister had a hysterectomy due to endometrial cancer.... Sigh....

BarryBobPosthole
01-06-2016, 07:25 PM
You need another doc if he ain't giving you the tests you think you need. There's nothing special about doctors. Fire the bastard and hire another one. One that'll listen. What you current one is doing is gatekeeping for the insurance dompany.

BKB

Nandy
01-06-2016, 07:33 PM
What you current one is doing is gatekeeping for the insurance dompany.

BKB

Yup, been considering that....

Thumper
01-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Yep, I was supposed to start at 50, but screwed around and didn't get around to it until 52. I always had a clean bill of health (every 5 years) ... UNTIL last year when all hell broke loose. Doc cut 'em all out and said he quit counting at 20. Once they find 'em, they put you on an annual schedule. Had 4 new ones since last year. :(

Captain
01-06-2016, 07:54 PM
You ain't got no polyps. That's some of that crusty dried up raw fish snot you eat sticking in your poop shoot...

Buckrub
01-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Im 47 and I asked for it since my dad is a colon cancer survivor with one regression but the doc said no.... I have to wait 3 more years, the suspense is killing me (hopefully not literally....)

What?

Charlotte is a big place. Find one that graduated from an American doctor school..............

I've had colonoscopies since I was 30............good grief.

Nandy
01-06-2016, 08:45 PM
You ain't got no polyps. That's some of that crusty dried up raw fish snot you eat sticking in your poop shoot...

dude, thanks for the visuals, im sending you my ophthalmologist bill....

Thumper
01-06-2016, 09:00 PM

That's your insurance company talking. Many insurance companies feel colonoscopies aren't necessary until you're 50. Lynn's insurance wouldn't cover it until she turned 50. Not sure if it's actually your DOCTOR making that determination, or if he's just going by your insurance company's guidelines. HE shouldn't be the one making the decision anydamnway ... especially if there is a family history. Find another doctor! (ya' may want to check you insurance coverage first)

FYI (from the net):

"Risk factors for colon cancer include being over 50, a family history of the disease and a personal history of inflammatory bowel disease, according to the American Cancer Society."

Thumper
01-06-2016, 09:05 PM

Poop shoot? Is that anything like a "crap shoot"?

If you have two of 'em, could you and your buddy jump out of an airplane with your pair-o'shoots? :D