PDA

View Full Version : Let Me Just Say This About That

BarryBobPosthole
01-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Today they'll announce the new inductees into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Ken Griffey Jr, who was a HOF level player but a petulant little ass, is pretty much a lock. Congrats to him.

This is the last year for Big Mac, Mark McGwire to get in. Mainly due to his use of Andro, a substance that was neither banned nor tested for during his playing days. So the self righteous among the baseball writers will keep him out of the HOF. they think nothing of displaying the baseball in the HOF that he hit out of the park for his 62nd homer that broke Maris' record. Also, they'll keep the Blacksox scandal participants (alleged, nothing was ever proven) out of the Hall as well.

And these same writers though, hold no similar feelings about the owners who have colluded several times to lie, cheat, and steal from players and fans. And by virtue of those acts, they fixed games. And ALL 28 owners at the time were found guilty. Not once, not twice, but three times in the 80's and three more times since then, in the 2000s. Those were settled with a monetary payment without any admission of guilt.

How holy is the house of baseball when sports media holds players accountable for doing something completely legal, when the owners and commissioners responsible for those very rules and lack of policy are let off scott free?

The Baseball Hall of Fame can kiss my rusty red ass. I love baseball, but the HOF selection process is fucked. And baseball writers are for the most part, too.

BKB