PDA

View Full Version : HTTR FU*&^RS!!!

LJ3
01-10-2016, 03:44 PM
That is all :) I'm a little excited today. I hope my 'Skins win this one. They can, I know they can. I hope they WILL whoop some cheese heads.

Gotta go fire up the grill for some wings now... In the meantime. I offer you this nugget :)

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lUNI5V1Y--8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arty
01-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Sons of wash-ing-ton..... Rah rah rah!

airbud7
01-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Dam LJ...I did not know you played guitar that Good!.....;)

LJ3
01-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Dam LJ...I did not know you played guitar that Good!.....;)

Thanks Air. I'm a hack but I have fun with it :)

Chicken Dinner
01-10-2016, 04:37 PM
We're going chili over here. Both con carne and con queso. I sure hope they win, but this was a fun season to watch regardless of the outcome.

Arty
01-10-2016, 05:03 PM
General tso's wings are the official menu item but it's meal prep day (for next week) so one could sneak into some tacos, chili, baked chicken, or pork chops. Or maybe ALL THE ABOVE.

Arty
01-10-2016, 05:19 PM
KFC BABY!

Thumper
01-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Waaaay back in the day, I figured by the 2000's they'd have simple methods figured out to kill all that amp hum. I guess things haven't changed much. Oh BTW, you're still fugly! :)

Big Muddy
01-10-2016, 06:12 PM
Nice string cuttin', Len....but, why you ain't got any furniture in yo house??? ;)

Thumper
01-10-2016, 06:49 PM
That's his "studio". ;)

Captain
01-10-2016, 07:07 PM
YOU LIKE THAT? :D

Trav
01-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Go pack go!!

Buckrub
01-10-2016, 07:35 PM
I thought surely by now you'd some actual songs.

Buckrub
01-10-2016, 08:06 PM
P.S.
Redskins shoulda kept Zack Hocker.

Captain
01-10-2016, 08:49 PM
I hear the fat lady warming up....

Why would you go for it on 4th and 10 on your on 20 yard line.

BarryBobPosthole
01-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Sorry fellas! Tough to lose to the Pack too.

On to college basketball!

BKB

Big Skyz
01-11-2016, 10:15 AM
Hehehehe as long as the Skins lose I don't care who they play. :D :D :D

Chicken Dinner
01-11-2016, 10:21 AM
As long as the Cowboys were playing golf come playoff time, I don't care either.

LJ3
01-11-2016, 10:45 AM
^^^^BOOM!

Jimmy, amp hum is there when you use high gain effects (distortion). I think in order to eliminate it you'd have to find a way to defy physics and what not. I could be wrong, there's a first for everything. I had my phone sitting right on top of my amp so it's more noticeable than usual. Plus the effects pedal I was using there is VERY hi gain and what not.

Muddy, That's the basement. Not much down there except a TV, sofa and my amps and some guitars. And a basketball arcade game. And the boys spacious bedroom. and a treadmill. and another sofa. Just a funny camera angle I chose. The alley of nothingness :)

I'll take the Skins 2015 season all day long. We went from 4-12 last year to division champs and hosting a playoff game this year. I'm a blindly faithful fan and always will be I spose.

Big Skyz
01-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Looks to me like the Skins will be asking what time Tee off time is as well.

LJ3
01-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Pretty sure Romo snapped up all the best tee times back in October :)

Thumper
01-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Jimmy, amp hum is there when you use high gain effects (distortion). I think in order to eliminate it you'd have to find a way to defy physics and what not. I could be wrong, there's a first for everything. I had my phone sitting right on top of my amp so it's more noticeable than usual. Plus the effects pedal I was using there is VERY hi gain and what not.

I had a buddy in California (lost contact with him when we moved) who has been a roadie for various big rock groups through the years. I once asked him about "amp hum" and I think it may have been a mistake! I swear, he went into an hour long dissertation (like a Thump post!) on the 10,000 different things that can cause it. After listening to him, I'd have sworn that guy HAD to have had an advanced degree in Electrical Engineering! He said EVERY venue they played would have different technical issues that would produce amp hum. I told him I never had a clue it was so involved and always figured it was just a simple grounding issue. He said many times it is a grounding issue ... sometimes in the circuitry of the venue itself (he said the amps and sound boards ALWAYS had to be on separate circuits or it was a nightmare), but sometimes the grounding issue was also at the guitar itself. He said, believe it or not, that's why many of the big rockers play with open or no shirts ... THEY act as the ground at times. Now that I think about it, that doesn't make sense to me, but it did the way he explained it at the time. I may have left something out as his explanation got extremely involved. Anyway, he was paid big bucks to fight the hum issue. I'm really surprised that with today's technology, something like that is still a problem.

Big Skyz
01-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Probably true and that means the Skins will come in second best even at the tee times. Typical... :D

BarryBobPosthole
01-11-2016, 11:23 AM
60 cycle hum comes from of course, the 60 cycle power source, our house wiring. Amp prolly has some leaks coming from the power supply.

They make pretty nifty ferrite clam shell doodads you can put on the cord (note to doofi, that's what the little cylindrical dealios are on your usb cords and such) that are essentially 60 hz bandpass filters and they take that hum straight to ground. If you have a ground that is, and that could be the problem too.

Or maybe that extra space Lenster has in his mancave is so he can build hisself a Faraday cage!

BKb

LJ3
01-11-2016, 11:23 AM
Hate all you want. Cowboys sucked hind tit all year my friend :) Romo's one more hit from being permanently done and then Jones will trade the farm for RG3 so we'll get to laugh at you guys for another 5 years or so :)

Big Skyz
01-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Keep telling yourself that. I'm pretty sure history is a bitter thing for Redskins fans to accept. Redskins have 3 Superbowl championships, the Cowboys have 5. Then the gap widens even more when it comes to Division Championships...the Cowboys have 21 and the Redskins have ummm 8. Heck it takes less fingers than are on two hands to count all the Redskins Division Championships. Good thing as most of the Redskin fans can't count over 10 anyway without their fingers. Heck the Eagles are more of a threat than the Redskins half the time, and that's really not something to be proud of. Dallas is down and out right now, but odds are they will come back next year and beat the Redskins just like business as usual.

Captain
01-11-2016, 11:59 AM
I like this thread. Big Sky is on his way to SD'ing status. ;) :D

BarryBobPosthole
01-11-2016, 12:05 PM
But the cowboys don't have a bunch of old fat men who dress in drag and put hog noses on their faces!

BKB

Big Skyz
01-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Len, on a positive note I did dig your guitar solo! How someone so intelligent and talented can be a Redskins fan is just one of those mysteries I choose to not try and solve.

LJ3
01-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Len, on a positive note I did dig your guy solo! How someone so intelligent and talented can be a Redskins fan is just one of those mysteries I choose to not try and solve.

Thanks BS. Being a Cowboys fan I understand that it's not really that you choose not to solve the mystery. It's more of an ability thing :)

6394 6395

Trav
01-11-2016, 10:18 PM
This thread is 6402