PDA

View Full Version : BakFlip F1 Bed Cover if anyone is interested

Buckrub
01-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Truck Bed Cover BakFlip F1

A year or so old. Installed by Conway Auto Glass, but anyone could do it. I have the original invoice, and I paid $940.00 for it.

This is the top of line model, the one that can hold 350 pounds. It is a four-fold, unlike most that are three-fold. Nothing wrong with it that I know of.

Currently fits a 2015 Chevy Siverado 2500 Diesel. Measures 78 X 62.

This is not cheap.....but it is worth it, and about 1/2 the cost of the Retrax, and no cylinder in the bed. It has rings to allow it to be driven with 3 of the 4 panels up, and has built in bars to hold it in place if all 4 are up. If all 4 are up, it does restrict the back window, but not totally. You can fold it back and sit on it, it is that sturdy......most won't allow that.

I am going to put it on Ebay and in the state paper shortly. I will offer it here first. In Conway.

$700.00 cash.

http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Buck7088/media/Sale%20Stuff/BakFlipF1_zpswdlevqzx.jpeg.html

airbud7
01-11-2016, 06:11 PM
I gave 50 bucks for mine ;)

;)

Buckrub
01-11-2016, 06:13 PM
Yeah, but you need $650.00 worth of quality paint.

Thumper
01-11-2016, 06:47 PM
Just a suggestion. I'd try listing on Craig's List first. It's free and you can advertise locally. Save eBay as a last resort. You're gonna pay 13+% in fees (eBay listing & final value fees, plus PayPal fees). Shipping that thing will be a pain in the ass ... as well as expensive. Or, you could list it as a local, pick-up only sale, but you'll still have all the fees. JMHO

Why are you getting rid of it already?

Buckrub
01-11-2016, 07:12 PM
I'll try the local paper probably. Have never used Craig's list, but may try that. Have heard some horror stories of folks using it to cause Mayhem (not Joe Mayhem of Allstate).

I want a Retrax Pro. Wished I'd have found that one before I got this one. Plus, discussion is underway in the front room re: trading in travel trailer on 5th wheel. Can't pull it with this cover.

Nandy
01-11-2016, 07:17 PM
If you use craiglist, never meet the buyer at your place. use the mail system for all details and if you can dont go by yourself to meet the seller, 2 people in separate cars is the best insurance as both can park separate so it will be hard to a person to got at you two. Of course, im sure you are aware to not pay attention at Unfufu from Nigeria.....

airbud7
01-11-2016, 07:50 PM
I have had good luck with craiglist people, I sold a smoker a few months back and I could tell the guy was a good ole country boy over the phone/

Thumper
01-11-2016, 09:43 PM
I've sold a bazillion items via Craig's List. Normally big, heavy or awkward stuff that's just not fun to deal with on eBay. I've never had a negative experience. It does make Lynn nervous to have people come to the house, so if it's not a big deal, I meet at a public place. McD's parking lot, the local 7-11, that sort of thing. Big stuff like my gas grill, 4-wheeler, boat, etc, I have them come to the house. Never had a problem. When you think about it, how differently would one handle a sale from a newspaper listing and a CL listing? Not sure what the difference would be other than a newspaper ad costs $$$. Common sense goes a long way.

Big Skyz
01-11-2016, 10:00 PM
I've had great luck with Craigslist as both as a buyer and a seller. Part of me wants to tell Bucky to just not mess around and follow Thumps advice. However there is this little voice in the back of my head saying if there is someone that can goof up something as easy and straight forward as Craigslist, it would likely be Bucky. So proceed with caution Buckrub.

Chicken Dinner
01-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Another vote for Craigslist. I've never had a problem in either side of a transaction.

Nandy
01-11-2016, 10:03 PM
Im glad y'all have had many good experiences in Craigslist as I have too, however, im worried about the arsehole I might be meeting in the future. many horror stories out there...
Only bad experience I had with craigslist was when I was moving from Dallas, nc back to charlotte. I put an ad in the free section in order to give away all that i did not needed and asked that people did not go thru X bags and not to make a mess.... Came back from work and it looked like a possum got in the bags and everything else was all over the rd....

Captain
01-11-2016, 10:18 PM
I have bought and sold on Craiglist many times and never had a problem. I will use them as long as it is around.
We also have a local Facebook page for hunting and fishing gear swap/sale. It is a great resource too!

Buckrub
01-11-2016, 11:09 PM
I've had great luck with Craigslist as boyh a buyer and a seller. Part of me wants to tell Bucky to just not mess around and follow Thumps advice. However there is this little voice in the back of my head saying if there is someone that can goof up something as easy and straight forward as Craigslist, it would likely be Bucky. So proceed with caution Buckrub.

Well thanks.

johnboy
01-12-2016, 01:45 PM
You'll love towing a 5'er as compared to towing a trailer. They feel much more stable and 'secure' when you encounter crosswinds and iffy conditions. We had a 5'er years ago and loved it. Might take a little practice backing up and it's a good idea to get a hitch with a slider feature for us short box truck types for those really tight turns where you can hit the back window. Can you double tow (boat hooked to trailer) in your area? We used to tow our boats (17-18') and it was a great way to go if you were careful with gas stops etc.

Buckrub
01-12-2016, 07:12 PM
You'll love towing a 5'er as compared to towing a trailer. They feel much more stable and 'secure' when you encounter crosswinds and iffy conditions. We had a 5'er years ago and loved it. Might take a little practice backing up and it's a good idea to get a hitch with a slider feature for us short box truck types for those really tight turns where you can hit the back window. Can you double tow (boat hooked to trailer) in your area? We used to tow our boats (17-18') and it was a great way to go if you were careful with gas stops etc.

Can't and never would!

Looking at the B&W Companion slider hitch. Need to make sure it is below top of truck rail.

And I know a bunch of people who have had major bad issues when selling on Craiglist. I never have, so I am sure all of you are right and it's fine. I may do that. But I doubt I mention such stuff here again.

johnboy
01-12-2016, 07:28 PM
Towing a boat behind a 5th wheel is no big deal if it's legal and you keep it reasonable and have good equipment. Our 5'er was 28' and the boat about 20' with the motor etc. Total length was around 66' if I remember correctly. We were allowed to do this in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba with a max length of 72' in Sask. All prairie provinces and usually pretty flat country. I only had a problem a couple of times where I had to drop the boat to maneuver the truck/trailer through a tight spot. Other than that, it was great! Get to the lake, drop the boat in the parking lot, park the trailer and go pick up the boat. You can take every thing with you. :D

Buckrub
01-12-2016, 07:58 PM
Towing a boat behind a 5th wheel is no big deal if it's legal and you keep it reasonable and have good equipment. Our 5'er was 28' and the boat about 20' with the motor etc. Total length was around 66' if I remember correctly. We were allowed to do this in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba with a max length of 72' in Sask. All prairie provinces and usually pretty flat country. I only had a problem a couple of times where I had to drop the boat to maneuver the truck/trailer through a tight spot. Other than that, it was great! Get to the lake, drop the boat in the parking lot, park the trailer and go pick up the boat. You can take every thing with you. :D

First thing that'd happen is I'd have to get fuel or back up!!

And hauling the boat.......is what the wife and her truck are for!!! :)

Thumper
01-12-2016, 07:58 PM
And I know a bunch of people who have had major bad issues when selling on Craiglist. I never have, so I am sure all of you are right and it's fine. I may do that. But I doubt I mention such stuff here again.

Not sure persactly what you mean by that (highlighted part). Why? Unless I'm totally off in my understanding of what you mean by that, I honestly think you have some sort of persecution complex. Nobody said you're a dumbass mf'er for not using Craig's List ... many simply made the suggestion and offered their personal experiences. I thought the whole thread was constructive to be honest. Just go ahead and sell it through the local paper ... only good honest people read those ads, so there should be no worries. BUT ... if they're out of the area, do NOT ship via the U.S. Postal Service whatever you do. Then you really WOULD be asking for trouble. (tongue ever so slightly implanted in cheek - but there's no emoticon for that)

Buckrub
01-12-2016, 08:20 PM
I appreciated all of your suggestions about Craigslist, and never said I didn't; I said friends of mine had a bad experience and that I have never used it myself. But Big Sky's post set me off, to be honest. Your comment about a persecution complex is not very friendly, helpful, valid, or meaningful, either.

I typed a very lengthy bunch of other stuff but deleted it. No biggie.

Captain
01-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Big Sky's post was 1,000% meant as funny and picking. I don't know of another person here (except maybe JB) that would be more caring about another's feelings. My opinion is probably Bucky's been shot at so much he can't enjoy picking anymore.

But Big Sky's post set me off, to be honest. Your comment about a persecution complex is not very friendly, helpful, valid, or meaningful.

Thumper
01-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Knowing Big Sky, I'd have to guess his tongue was FIRMLY planted in cheek also. I'm feeling the same way .... if it CAN go wrong, it WILL go wrong if you follow the advice given here. With your luck, you'd most likely have an ISIS wannabe wearing a Walmart suicide vest answer your ad. PLEASE go the newspaper route ... I don't want to be held partially responsible. ;)

Buckrub
01-12-2016, 08:47 PM
I have pretty good luck. I have not shared all that with you all over the years, because I tried to stay humorous. I guess that has backfired. Because yes, I'm weary of the negativity. In fact, there may not be a more lucky man still alive than I am.

I don't think Big Sky's tongue was planted anywhere but in the truth, just as yours is in the above post. I think you both believe I'm a klutz and good for comic relief, mostly. If that's not y'all's belief, you sure hide it well.

It is probably all my fault. I have lost two friends in 2015........one my closest friend of 55 years, and one here........and both spent many years determined to point out my every fault, and revel in finding a new one. It was only when another (and TRUE) friend pointed out that I was the one that was allowing that to occur, and it was my fault if I kept taking it, did I just write both off. Both opened wounds that are just now healing, but the scar is prettier than the wound was. So maybe I'm too sensitive. I simply do NOT think that all the slams are done 'in fun'. They are too quick to occur, by some folks, and too frequent.

I am actually respected in some circles. I should probably spend more time there. Also, I am convinced that the shooters here would not be too pleased if they were equally shot at. I think they'd rebel big time. Maybe I'm wrong.

And truly, it's all not a big thing. I have a little life left........I am not going to spend it in hand wringing any more.

Thumper
01-12-2016, 09:15 PM
per·se·cu·tion com·plex

noun

an irrational and obsessive feeling or fear that one is the object of collective hostility or ill-treatment on the part of others.

Buckrub
01-12-2016, 09:17 PM
It's not collective. It's just a few.

Oh well, I tried.

And.........if I wanted to list your complexes, I could. But I've not gone down that road. I have left that to the vindictive folks. And all this over a post where I wanted to give you guys first chance at buying something. One day I'll learn.

Thumper
01-12-2016, 09:35 PM
So did I. You just need to quit taking life so frigging seriously. Sometimes the glass really is half full instead of half empty.

You know, after my surgeries, my memory went straight into the toilet. Many times I felt like a blooming idiot, so much so, I went to see a shrink. Actually, they assigned a team of doctors to evaluate me. I spent more than half a day in a room with FIVE shrinks (I believe two were serving their internship) and was given a battery of tests. The determination after evaluation? I'm a "pumphead". It REALLY bothered me and continues to bother me to this day, but I'm getting used to it.

Now, when it comes to THIS place, I consider everyone here a friend. Heck, I didn't put that "pUMpHEAD SYSOp" in my profile, I didn't set up the site. I'm constantly referred to around here as a pUMpHEAD! I can separate friendly ribbing from reality. The REALITY side of it sucks big weenies and every single day is a bit of a battle for me. Here, it is taken as it's intended and does nothing more than bring a smile to my face. If I took every "Bite Me" or "Go get a tall stool" I've had directed at me seriously, I'd be a TOTAL nutcase. (no comment needed from the peanut gallery!)

From Wiki:

Postperfusion syndrome, also known as "pumphead", is a constellation of neurocognitive impairments attributed to cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) during cardiac surgery. Symptoms of postperfusion syndrome are subtle and include defects associated with attention, concentration, short term memory, fine motor function, and speed of mental and motor responses.

Captain
01-12-2016, 09:59 PM
Well I'll be.... I NEVER knew where "pUMpHEAD" came from I just somehow, someway missed that whole thing. The first time I remember anything about it was Posthole calling you a pUMpHEAD. I never had a clue it was a real thing.
I hope all the times I've called you that name I didn't offend you, if it did I most humbly apologize!
Don't that sound nice?
Actually I don't give a shit. ;)

Nandy
01-12-2016, 10:09 PM

Rats ass, dude, rats ass...

Thumper
01-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Well I'll be.... I NEVER knew where "pUMpHEAD" came from I just somehow, someway missed that whole thing. The first time I remember anything about it was Posthole calling you a pUMpHEAD. I never had a clue it was a real thing.
I hope all the times I've called you that name I didn't offend you, if it did I most humbly apologize!
Don't that sound nice?

Ha! Yeah, don't know where you were, but I related the story as it unfolded years ago. I've been "Pumphead" ever since. Oh, and you can bite me, but we all know you need a VERY tall stool to do so! :)

Nandy
01-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Ha! Yeah, don't know where you were,

Down wind from Barry probably....

Buckrub
01-12-2016, 11:18 PM
So did I. You just need to quit taking life so frigging seriously. Sometimes the glass really is half full instead of half empty.

You know, after my surgeries, my memory went straight into the toilet. Many times I felt like a blooming idiot, so much so, I went to see a shrink. Actually, they assigned a team of doctors to evaluate me. I spent more than half a day in a room with FIVE shrinks (I believe two were serving their internship) and was given a battery of tests. The determination after evaluation? I'm a "pumphead". It REALLY bothered me and continues to bother me to this day, but I'm getting used to it.

Now, when it comes to THIS place, I consider everyone here a friend. Heck, I didn't put that "pUMpHEAD SYSOp" in my profile, I didn't set up the site. I'm constantly referred to around here as a pUMpHEAD! I can separate friendly ribbing from reality. The REALITY side of it sucks big weenies and every single day is a bit of a battle for me. Here, it is taken as it's intended and does nothing more than bring a smile to my face. If I took every "Bite Me" or "Go get a tall stool" I've had directed at me seriously, I'd be a TOTAL nutcase. (no comment needed from the peanut gallery!)

From Wiki:

Postperfusion syndrome, also known as "pumphead", is a constellation of neurocognitive impairments attributed to cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) during cardiac surgery. Symptoms of postperfusion syndrome are subtle and include defects associated with attention, concentration, short term memory, fine motor function, and speed of mental and motor responses.

Well Jim, I'm truly sorry that bothers you. I never heard of such a thing. I've never, to my memory, ragged you about that, or much of anything. The difference is that you jump me quite often and then get behind "oh grow up" ....but I don't rag you for what apparently bothers you.....and for sure not every chance I get. I think you have other complexes that could be mentioned.........but I ain't mentioned them either! "Bite me" and "Get a stool" are not anything that bothers me in the least, either. I started "Bite me" (and can tell you where it came from), and have always used it in jest.

I just think there's more to this than what's being said. I don't get it, but hey.......I'm way down the list on smart folks here.

Thumper
01-12-2016, 11:24 PM
Whatever. I'm out.

Buckrub
01-12-2016, 11:43 PM
I sort of rest my case, then.

I've treated you well and respected you as long as I've known you. When I have a question about mechanical stuff, cars, I lean on what you say. When I needed VA help, I went to you, and you helped...... When you came out of the coma and needed a PC, we got together and I got it and sent it to you.........using about 1/3 of it out my pocket. I knew it'd be important for you. I even made sure it had Office on it cause I figured you might need that stuff to keep track of stuff and send out resumes, etc. I've not called you a pumphead, not once. But you really have jumped my ass at every chance. Others notice it too. I don't know why. Maybe it goes back to the atheist stuff. That is truly the only thing I can think of.

I should 'be out' too, but I'm trying here. I just don't get it. There really is more than meets the eye. But it's up to you.

Thumper
01-13-2016, 12:05 AM
Evidently you missed my whole point. I've said we are ALL friends here. BEING a Pumphead is what bothers me, the physical effects, NOT being CALLED a Pumphead. Especially here where I know it's coming from friends and it's all in fun. It's like it may bother Cappy to be 4-1/2' tall, but he takes the joking in stride here because he knows he's well liked and highly respected. If some a-hole on the street calls him a sawed-off runt, he'd probably give 'em a karate chop in the kneecaps! :)

After repeated attempts to insure you that you're among friends here, I get the feeling you're just not happy unless you get to run around hollering "the sky is falling"! Like Linus or whatever his name is on Peanuts where there's always a dark cloud hanging over his head. It gets old, it really does. It reminds me of Sunshine. I love her to death and we've been close friends for many years. We still text regularly. But I have to admit it got really old walking on eggshells around her totally afraid of accidentally quoting her or saying the "wrong" thing to set her off.

Enough is enough. Sheesh, this frigging thread started out about your mentioning listing your bed cover on eBay and all I did was point out the negative aspects to that and suggested much better and easier options. How that all got twisted into you being persecuted, and picked on, I'll never know. Enough already, dang! It's getting to be like Sunshine, people have to walk on eggshells around you these days. I'm going to bed. I'm old.

Chicken Dinner
01-13-2016, 09:29 AM
Can't we all just get along?��

This is going to be my only post on this. I totally get what both of you are saying and agree that we're all friends here and bust each other chops accordingly. But, at the point your friend tells you he doesn't like it you stop. That's what friends do.

Big Skyz
01-13-2016, 11:14 AM
Wow, hadn't even looked at this thread for a couple days. Buckrub if my intent was to tick you off, I am more than capable of doing so intentionally. If you were offended, you took it the wrong way. I was just saying you have unfortunate luck like no one I've ever seen. Craigslist has worked well for many of us here, and I guaran-darn-tee you if it will go sideways for a regular on this site, odds are, it will be you. I honestly meant what I said, when I said proceed with caution. If I had your luck I'd be super cautious, but not to the point of not giving it a try.

Thumper
01-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Can't we all just get along?��

This is going to be my only post on this. I totally get what both of you are saying and agree that we're all friends here and bust each other chops accordingly. But, at the point your friend tells you he doesn't like it you stop. That's what friends do.

I agree with you to a point CD. But if the goal post keeps moving, it's hard to tell where the line is at times. Bucky can throw jabs, but it's in fun and is usually understood to be just that, fun. That's why I brought up the example with Sunshine. We all knew she didn't like being quoted, but it would happen at times. Although there was never any ill intent, she'd explode and everyone ended up always having to tip-toe around for fear of offending her. Then Airbud, being relatively new here, threw a jab and she went ballistic. It finally reached the point everyone was disgusted with always having to be so careful with what was said/written, many just said "fuck it" and continued on as usual. Sunny got pissed, picked up her toys and went home. To HER ... we were going over the line and "picking on her". To US, the whole thing was ridiculous and tiring. For the life of me, I can't see where this particular thread got so sidetracked.

LJ3
01-13-2016, 12:26 PM

This. It's what friends do. Plain and simple.

Captain
01-13-2016, 12:35 PM
This. It's what friends do. Plain and simple. Bingo...
Some dish it out better than they take it and some take it as well as they dish it out.
And with just typing and without the spoken word here to hear "reflection" in someone's voice it hard sometimes to tell which way something was meant.

quercus alba
01-13-2016, 12:37 PM
How bout that Crimson Tide huh?

I think thru the years that there has been some nastiness disguised as humor passed around but on the other hand, I think each of the members here would jump thru hoops to help any of the others. Just one big dysfunctional family of total strangers for the most part. Except me, not real sure where I fit in anywhere.

Like Louis Lamour said, " you step on one Sackett's toes and they all holler"

Thumper
01-13-2016, 12:50 PM
Bingo...
Some dish it out better than they take it and some take it as well as they dish it out.
And with just typing and without the spoken word here to hear "reflection" in someone's voice it hard sometimes to tell which way something was meant.

I think that's "inflection" you nimrod. ;)

Thumper
01-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Oooops! I hope I didn't offend you with the nimrod comment ... it was all in jest!

Captain
01-13-2016, 01:09 PM
Oooops! I hope I didn't offend you with the nimrod comment ... it was all in jest!

Don't know that I will ever get over it. And Im gonna pull a Sunny and blame it to Autocorrect. :D

airbud7
01-13-2016, 01:18 PM

Big Muddy
01-13-2016, 01:38 PM
"""""Sunny got pissed, picked up her toys and went home. To HER ... we were going over the line and "picking on her". To US, the whole thing was ridiculous and tiring."""""

I just suddenly had an urge to quote somebody. ;););)

Bwana
01-13-2016, 03:26 PM
"""""Sunny got pissed, picked up her toys and went home. To HER ... we were going over the line and "picking on her". To US, the whole thing was ridiculous and tiring."""""

I just suddenly had an urge to quote somebody. ;););)

Don't do it BM, you know what happens if you do. ;)

jb
01-13-2016, 03:43 PM
Well Bucky, hitch up that new big ass 5th wheel and head north, I'll treat you like a white man up here.:waving

Buckrub
01-13-2016, 04:12 PM
Well Bucky, hitch up that new big ass 5th wheel and head north, I'll treat you like a white man up here.:waving

Well........I gotta go north to get it........Hamilton, OH most likely. But you can bet you are ON MY LIST to visit (be prepared!!:))

jb
01-13-2016, 04:23 PM
That's just north of Cincinnati, so you're only about 450 miles away, should take about 8 hours.

Buckrub
01-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Yeah........but I might go get it in a few weeks.........and it doesn't have snowmobile tracks to get further north.

Captain
01-13-2016, 07:53 PM
Yeah........but I might go get it in a few weeks.........and it doesn't have snowmobile tracks to get further north.

Where's you sense of adventure. (Said Jokingly)

jb
01-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Ya, you may just want to wait about 5 more months till all the snow is gone.:wink

DeputyDog
01-14-2016, 07:43 AM
I'm close to the half-way point between there and JB. Stop by when you make that trip.

johnboy
01-14-2016, 05:25 PM
So what kind of 5th wheel are you looking at?

Buckrub
01-14-2016, 05:30 PM
Cedar Creek 34RE
Montana 3000RE
Silverback 33IK
similar......still looking

The deal with Ohio..........we went there last year and met with them. Believe it or not, they are over $28,000 cheaper than dealer here in town. That's too much to not drive 8 hours.

LJ3
01-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Wow Bucky... that Cedar Creek rig is NICE. I can see how that sort of thing will continue to escalate :)

Buckrub
01-14-2016, 05:55 PM
We bought the 'starter' rig and it is fine.........but.......it is made for sleeping about 8-9 folks (if one is small), and has zero living area. "We" (read: the wife) thought we'd visit grandkids and take them camping, etc. That didn't/doesn't happen.....when we see them, we sleep in their house (duh). So when we go camping, if it rains, or it's late at night, there's nowhere to sit. The house is soon to be paid off, and I'm sick and old and probably won't live long (ha) so why not finance something we want?

jb
01-14-2016, 06:17 PM
That's big enough to park in Thump's driveway for the winter.

Buckrub
01-14-2016, 06:20 PM
No cats near it please.

Buckrub
01-14-2016, 06:22 PM
And this is nowhere near a done deal.

johnboy
01-14-2016, 06:28 PM
All nice units, fer sure and a good fit for your truck. Just keep an eye on the hitch weights as some 5'ers can be pretty heavy. Good luck and good shopping.

Thumper
01-14-2016, 06:56 PM
The house is soon to be paid off .....

Dang! I can't imagine what that feels like. I "should" have 3-1/2 years to go ... but had to take out a second when I got sick. That sucks. I have a choice, we can either sit at home and do nothing while I concentrate on the second, or we can do as much as possible while I make small payments. I'm doing the latter "just in case". Ya' just never know how much time ya' have left, so ya' gots ta' make the most of it.