PDA

View Full Version : Game Wardens....another reason they are disliked....

Big Muddy
01-13-2016, 11:12 AM
The MS River at Vicksburg is well above flood stage, and animals are being run out of the river bottoms, and some are attempting to swim across the swollen river in search of higher ground....just yesterday, I saw a pic of an old guy's yard on the dry side of the levee, where a herd of about 30 deer had taken refuge from the flood waters....they were doing a very good job of helping him "mow" his planted rye grass yard.

This letter to the editor in the Vicksburg newspaper has been circulating rapidly, statewide, in the social media....personally, on the surface, I agree with the letter's author....however, perhaps, the warden saw something other than an exhausted animal, i.e., broken leg, tangled in debris, etc.

In either case, the GW certainly saw the crowd gathered, watching the event unfold, and should have handled this differently....a call to the animal control folks to come tranquilize and relocate the deer, was certainly in order.

Instead, the GW chose to put three bullets in the deer's brain, in front of the crowd of people, which likely included some children.

It seems that the wardens down here are being hired at a very early age, and most of the younger ones that I have met are arrogant, and have a real lack of "people skills".

About 6 months ago, an older warden(my friend) brought a young new warden by my place to meet me....he told the younger warden, if he ever needed any help down this way, to not hesitate in contacting me....instead of smiling and thanking me, the little sheeit, actually started giving me the "stink eye", then had the audacity to ask me, if I had my trapping license....I saw him looking at a couple of old yote hides, hanging on my fence.

I told him that I am a landowner, and don't need a trapping license to trap predators on my own property....he looked dumb-founded and quite disappointed....the older warden picked up on my disgust for the little prick's dumbness and questioning, and said they had to be leaving.

I have utmost respect for all LEO's, but like every other profession, there's that .0001% that need an attitude adjustment.

Big Skyz
01-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Heck, I don't need a newspaper article to dislike most game wardens. My list of game wardens I actually like is a very short list. However, those that are on that list are super good people regardless of their occupation.

Captain
01-13-2016, 12:27 PM
Would it not be sweet if one of Big Sky's youngins' grew up to be a Game Warden. :D

LJ3
01-13-2016, 12:29 PM
My opinion - There are game wardens that find themselves in the job because of their love of the outdoors. There are game wardens that wind up there because for whatever reason regular LEO jobs weren't available to them. There are game wardens who find themselves in the job because they like to fuck with people.

2 our of those 3 categories are generally, assholes :)

Big Skyz
01-13-2016, 12:29 PM
Then the short list would increase by one, but the odds of that happening are more extreme than winning the Powerball lottery.

Captain
01-13-2016, 12:30 PM
Then the short list would increase by one, but the odds of that happening are more extreme than winning the Powerball lottery.

:D

Thumper
01-13-2016, 12:45 PM
In the 9th grade, I wrote my career paper about wanting to become a game warden. Then, once I really thought about it, I realized they all have to work through hunting season and I promptly changed my career goals. That may be why many of them are grumpy a-holes. ;)

Big Skyz
01-13-2016, 01:02 PM
Thump, that's funny. I had planned on being a game warden all through middle school and even most of high school. Then one day we had a career day. They had a game warden there and of course I gravitated to his presentation, and then hung around and asked him questions afterwards. Somewhere during the course of the conversation he mentioned he hadn't hunted on opening day in over a decade, and that it was because he was always stuck at a check station. The reality light when on in my head and I never considered being a game warden again. Never regretted that decision and as an adult I've run into enough obnoxious wardens to know that it would have not been a good working environment for me.

quercus alba
01-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Sky, what makes you think that the people on here don't consider you an obnoxious Ahole anyway? if only you could see the PM's I get from Thump and Captain about you. You may have missed your life's calling by not being a warden 8^)

:friday

Captain
01-13-2016, 01:21 PM
Hey!!!!
If he had become a Game Warden I wonder if he would like hisself?

Big Muddy
01-13-2016, 01:32 PM
Down here, warden's starting salary is $28,500 per year....that right there will tell you that they, either, absolutely love their job, or they love being an azzhole. ;)

Thumper
01-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Sky, what makes you think that the people on here don't consider you an obnoxious Ahole anyway? if only you could see the PM's I get from Thump and Captain about you. You may have missed your life's calling by not being a warden 8^):friday

I think "somebody" here is trying for one of these! :GH Shit Disturber

quercus alba
01-13-2016, 03:16 PM
Moi?

Big Skyz
01-13-2016, 05:28 PM
I'd sooner shoot myself than be a game warden. Never said I wasn't an obnoxious a-hole, I just don't wear a game warden badge to prove it. ;)

Nandy
01-13-2016, 05:44 PM
Moi?

Oui, monsieur.