PDA

View Full Version : Official Republican Debate Thread

BarryBobPosthole
01-14-2016, 09:14 PM
Right off the bat.....FoxNews is in big time denial concerning Trump. And the Toadie in Chief, Chris Stirewalt is leading the pack trying to ignore the big yellow haired elephant in the room.

If Trump wins it, it'll sure be an historic election.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
01-14-2016, 10:24 PM
check my work here: Carson's fear is we'll get attacked simultaneously with an EMP, a cyberattack, and then dirty bombs.

But where does the donkey, the suit of armor, and the pinata come in?

That guy is an embarassment.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
01-14-2016, 10:34 PM
This high comedy between Trump and Cruz is unbelieveable.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-14-2016, 10:45 PM
I literally can't spend the next four years looking at Donald Trump.

Chicken Dinner
01-14-2016, 11:45 PM
Do you ever get the impression that Trump bases his world view on anecdotal stories he hears from his "friends" at cocktail parties?

Hombre
01-15-2016, 12:46 AM
Didnt get to watch. On a plane right now fixing to land in seattle so i can pack tonight and get back on a plane, for work, to hawaii tomorrow am

Big Muddy
01-15-2016, 01:25 AM
Well, I'd rather listen to a debate, than Odong's sotu address. ;)

LJ3
01-15-2016, 10:03 AM
I made it till the last 15 minutes. I could take any more of that crap. I'm sad about Carson. Over the months I've been whispering to myself "please don't be batshit crazy, please don't be a shithouse rat..." Turns out he is. Last night sealed it.

I had a thought about the Donald. There is no denying his ability to get shit done. If you look at Trump enterprises I'm sure Donald knows how to get the right people on a job to get it done and if you don't get it done, you're gone. I don't base this on "you're fired" bullshit, it's just how he is (or seems to be). Is it so much of a stretch to think he could assemble teams of very effective people to get things done and hold them accountable?

Than again, I'm with CD. Not sure I can look at him for 8 years. See what I did there?

Big Skyz
01-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Well it's not surprise that I still stand behind Cruz and frankly I think he is definitely the most intelligent person on the stage last night. However, even more importantly is what I saw after the debate. Trump ran for the camera's and did a thumbs up photo op with his family. He wasn't engaging with his family, it was more like hurry up, gather around me, look at the camera, and smile. Some of the candidates sought each other out to shake hands before they left the stage. A couple went straight out to the audience to mingle. Most of them sought out some reporter or camera to further their agenda. Only one, count it ONE, impressed me with his actions directly after the debate. It was Ted Cruz, the second it was over you could tell he was looking for someone. Was it a reporter, was it a fellow candidate, was it the camera, no it was his young daughter. He ignored all the cameras, reporters, candidates, in the first few seconds after the debate was done. Instead he found his daughter, picked her up in his arms, and was fully engaged in a conversation with her. He did this before acknowledging anyone or anything else...and that folks is the type of person I want as a leader of this nation. Family came first as it does in my life and always will. A man with his family as his first priority is not going to run his children's future in the ground by destroying the very nation they must live in. I will judge a man by his actions long before his words and last night after the debate I was very impressed by Ted Cruz and his actions. So say what you want about either political party, but I will stick with the guy that sticks with his family.

LJ3
01-15-2016, 11:06 AM
It's a good point BS but it's possible that was as staged as any behavior we saw last night. Who knows for sure? I know I wouldn't be disappointed if Cruz was El Prez.

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2016, 11:11 AM
Every republican I know is pretty sour this morning. Could it be that clown show last night is finally showing that practically none of the republican candidates reflect what they really want as a leader? Y'all can sure do some hatin' in that party!

BKb

Big Skyz
01-15-2016, 11:16 AM
I really don't think it was staged. He'd just come off a rough interaction with Rubio. I know he was ticked off because he wasn't able to clarify and defend himself against a whole list of accusations Rubio made. He didn't look left or right after the debate looking for cameras, reporters, or anything else. He pretty much looked until he found his daughter, picked her up, and zoned into a conversation with her, and ignored all the noise around him. He would briefly acknowledge people as they walked by and said something to him, but only for a second and then his attention was turned right back to his daughter. I'm just saying as a father, after I've had a rough day, sometimes the best thing in my whole day is spending time with one of my kids. Those of us that have daughter's know, that they can somehow make the roughest day a little better. When they give you a hug and tell you they love you somehow this messed world seems okay even if it's only for a moment. A father/daughter bond cannot be explained and can only experienced by those that have lived it.

Big Skyz
01-15-2016, 11:28 AM
BBP, I'd be irritated too. Trump is entertaining, but really keeps things side tracked from what needs to be done. If it was a clown show last night it's because he makes it that way. Frankly the whole whether or not Cruz is eligible to run for president is a blatant political pure crap accusation. Trump knows it, everyone with half a brain in America knows it. Cruz is a threat to Trump's lead, so when he can't find anything substantial he brings up idiotic accusations to try and trip Cruz up or slow down his momentum. We currently have a president that has never to my satisfaction proved he was born a U.S. citizen, willingly shown his birth certificate, and has a foreign student I.D. card for college. It's a hot button for a lot of people. Cruz may be a lot of things, but an idiot he is not. The last thing a person like that is going to do is invest a ton of time, money, and energy into a presidential campaign if there was a remote chance that he would not be eligible to do so because of a citizenship issue. Frankly it pisses me off that Trump is basically lowering himself to play such a weak card. The sooner his numbers can fall in the polls the better. Honestly if you think last night was a clown show imagine what it would look like with Trump and Hillary in a final debate. She would shred him in a New York minute and we will be stuck with a president that is even worse than what we have now, which is something I really can't and don't want to get my mind around.

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2016, 11:37 AM
BBP, I'd be irritated too. Trump is entertaining, but really keeps things side tracked from what needs to be done. If it was a clown show last night it's because he makes it that way. Frankly the whole whether or not Cruz is eligible to run for president is a blatant political pure crap accusation. Trump knows it, everyone with half a brain in America knows it. Cruz is a threat to Trump's lead, so when he can't find anything substantial he brings up idiotic accusations to try and trip Cruz up or slow down his momentum. We currently have a president that has never to my satisfaction proved he was born a U.S. citizen, willingly shown his birth certificate, and has a foreign student I.D. card for college. It's a hot button for a lot of people. Cruz may be a lot of things, but an idiot he is not. The last thing a person like that is going to do is invest a ton of time, money, and energy into a presidential campaign if there was a remote chance that he would not be eligible to do so because of a citizenship issue. Frankly it pisses me off that Trump is basically lowering himself to play such a weak card. The sooner his numbers can fall in the polls the better. Honestly if you think last night was a clown show imagine what it would look like with Trump and Hillary in a final debate. She would shred him in a New York minute and we will be stuck with a president that is even worse than what we have now, which is something I really can't and don't want to get my mind around.

It sounds to me like Cruz and the Republican party is just made or you then! I'm just happy you're somebody who cares enough to have an opinion and votes!

BKB

LJ3
01-15-2016, 12:02 PM
I don't think it's as bad as it looks as far as the candidates go. Cruz & Rubio are both decent candidates and far and above what Hillary is and would do to this country. That's one message that came across pretty clear to me. Hillary cannot be President.

In my mind, and I may eat my words in November, she has ZERO chance of becoming President. The fact that Libs still think she will be president is funny to me. I seem to be alone in my thinking but it seems obvious to me. I'm an island is what I am :)

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2016, 12:12 PM
Len, Well.....not that I'm a fan of Hillary, but you seem pretty certain she can't/shouldn't/ won't be president. Most of the reasons I've heard from Republicans on that issue are essentially Benghazi, Emails, she's going to prison, she wants to take my guns. First, there needs to be a discussion about how much credibility any of those issues have with he majority of of voters. Secondly, that most don't see the blatant double standard of crying crocodile tears for survivors of US deaths (conveniently renamed victims) overseas during a frigging party debate is really astonishing to me. But very acceptable to the party of values.

Anyway, back to Hillary. I'm just really interested in know what your big drivers are? I promise I won't argue with you about them. Just interested.

Big Skyz
01-15-2016, 12:17 PM
http://thefederalistpapers.integratedmarket.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/imageedit_3381_7306788001.jpg

My concern is there are enough IDIOTS to get her elected in this country.

Chicken Dinner
01-15-2016, 12:19 PM
I've been pretty consistent that if my choice is between Hilary and Trump, I'll be sitting this one out. (Not really - I'd still vote. Just not for either one of them.) I do think Hilary is pretty beatable, but it all depends on who the Republicans nominate. If it's Trump, I think they're handing it to her unless she's indicted.

airbud7
01-15-2016, 12:32 PM
Why y'all would vote for another career politician is beyond me.

LJ3
01-15-2016, 01:41 PM
Len, Well.....not that I'm a fan of Hillary, but you seem pretty certain she can't/shouldn't/ won't be president. Most of the reasons I've heard from Republicans on that issue are essentially Benghazi, Emails, she's going to prison, she wants to take my guns. First, there needs to be a discussion about how much credibility any of those issues have with he majority of of voters. Secondly, that most don't see the blatant double standard of crying crocodile tears for survivors of US deaths (conveniently renamed victims) overseas during a frigging party debate is really astonishing to me. But very acceptable to the party of values.

Anyway, back to Hillary. I'm just really interested in know what your big drivers are? I promise I won't argue with you about them. Just interested.

Her record as SecState, her previous political life with Bill, her lock step positions with Obama's foreign policy for starters. Her honesty and integrity are called in to question with more than just political mudslinging and innuendo. There's substance there. Her personal character is questionable. Again, not much different than ANY politician but on her, it's obvious to me.

In my opinion what makes her unelectable is that she just isn't nice. She doesn't care. She's only saying things because that's what she thinks she should be saying. I'm not saying that every single politician doesn't do that, they do for the most part. But with Hillary, it's just so freaking obvious. And when she tries to get past how unpalatable she truly is, it just gets more obvious and really awkward to watch. I think when people actually step in to a voting booth in November, these things will be at the forefront of their minds.

I realize my opinion on this is fairly unique. It's just how it looks from my little corner of Virginny.

BarryBobPosthole
01-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Your perception and mine of her are pretty close. The Benghazi stuff I could give two shits about. The emails stuff Icould give two shits about.The more of the same factor is what I do care about. I'm leaning towads going full liberal and voting for Bernie.

I won't vote for any of the fear mongerers though. Y'all can have all of them.

BKB

Big Skyz
01-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Meet Hillary Clinton's inner child. The resemblance is uncanny.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/HIllary_zpsqmtwemwg.jpg

Addendum: I'm just messing around here, don't take me too serious in regards to the pictures or get all butt hurt...or whatever...

quercus alba
01-15-2016, 03:28 PM
Sunny could make a fortune selling tin hats to that bunch last night

LJ3
01-15-2016, 09:53 PM
Your perception and mine of her are pretty close. The Benghazi stuff I could give two shits about. The emails stuff Icould give two shits about.The more of the same factor is what I do care about. I'm leaning towads going full liberal and voting for Bernie.

I won't vote for any of the fear mongerers though. Y'all can have all of them.

BKB

I may have said it here before but I don't hate Sanders. I like his attitude and I like a little of his social policy, very little :) He's just sooooooooooo far freaking left.

The hockey pucks last night kept making what I think is a very valid point. The next President will appoint 3-4 supreme court justices. Holy crap. . That actually DOES scare the everlovin' shit out of me. I don't think either political party should be in a position to do that, ever.

I asked Sunny for her prices.. the good heavy duty Reynolds foil hats are going for $19.99

HideHunter
01-15-2016, 10:04 PM
I asked Sunny for her prices.. the good heavy duty Reynolds foil hats are going for $19.99

Sorry, I saw "Sunny" and I couldn't help myself....

LJ3
01-15-2016, 10:16 PM
I have the exact same urge every time I see the name :) Prolly why I only have half a dozen friends after 54 years on this planet :)