PDA

View Full Version : Got some changes up your way Cappy ...

Thumper
01-16-2016, 01:47 AM
My Chief of Police buddy in Ohio sent me this. (You may remember him ... Chris G)

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/crime_courts/taser-use-restricted-by-u-s-th-circuit-court-of/article_15533084-2dc9-56ae-ac18-15d9b6048a10.html

DeputyDog
01-16-2016, 02:47 AM
There have been previous decisions in the Circuit courts that you aren't supposed to use the Taser unless the person is physically resisting. It was decided that using them against "passive" resistors use excessive force. That being said, the Taser use had nothing to do with his death. If they were actually standing on his back like the article says, I'd bet the cause of death was "positional asphyxia".

Five 5 second drive stuns, probably on his arms to make him let go, over the course of 2 minutes would not kill someone. That same amount applied directly over the heart more than likely wouldn't either.

BarryBobPosthole
01-16-2016, 11:21 AM
We've had a couple people die during arrests here in oklahoma when a taser was used while the perp was in handcuffs!

I don't know anything about it but why would you tase somebody already under restraint? The ones who died looked to be middle aged and looked obese as well so it could be thers were other factors the taser aggravated.

BKB

airbud7
01-16-2016, 11:31 AM
Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't thing!

1-Why the fuck you not Taze his ass before he did that!...?

2-The cop's killed his ass with a taser/he not hurt nobody...?